solo

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by boogie, Nov 23, 2012.

1. boogie

boogie Read Only Funster

Hi

I’ve just had a fantastic season in ‘Daffy’ and enjoyed every minute of it and cant wait to be able to continue to get out and about in her!

However, I’d really like to meet other single folks who are travelling alone, in the Derbyshire, Cheshire, Staffordshire area for next year. It’d just be great to be able to meet up with like minded folk.

I personally didnt find it that easy turning up at campsites on my own, with everyone else in couples. I didnt feel them all thronging to welcome me, on the contrary, I felt very much that they were doing their own thing (which is fine, and their entitlement), and I was left to my own devices, but it ended up making me feel more alone than ever!

So, it’d be great to hear from anyone out there!

Oonagh

2. movan

movan Funster Life Member

Hi Oonagh. I am solo and love it. I have my life away from motorhoming and then friends with vans. Can't get away as much as I would like but the meets very often have other happy solos attending them. Please try to come along and I for one will put the kettle on. :Smile:

• Like Like x 3
  3. boogie

boogie Read Only Funster

Oh that is SO kind! thank you!

Where do you live? I’m just outside Macclesfield.

Oonagh

4. B-well

B-well Funster

not single but if you see motorhome fun sticker on a van come over and ask if its me, you will be most welcome for drink and a chat.

• Like Like x 2
  5. f6c

f6c Funster

welcome

Welcome aboard:Wink:

6. Gromett

Gromett Funster

Also a solo traveller. The fun meets are fantastic and you will feel very welcome.

If you see a crappy van with a fun sticker, you are also welcome to bang on the door and have a coffee or a beer :thumb:

• Like Like x 2
  7. JJ

JJ Funster

but if it is Black with a finger print on the side it is not Gromett so please don't "bang on it!" :Rofl1: :Rofl1:

JJ :Cool:

• Like Like x 2
  8. maz

maz Funster

Hi Oonagh and welcome to the Fun from another solo motorhomer (plus dog). :welcome:

I fulltime and was around the Peak District and Staffordshire for quite a while earlier in the autumn. If you see a somewhat 'blingy' van with a Fun sticker on it, pop over and say hi. There is usually coffee on the go, sometimes with gingernuts! :Smile:

9. Wildman

Wildman Read Only Funster

hi and welcome to the fun. We have a lot of solo travellers on this site and they all mix very well at tmeets you will no feel left out at a fun meet, well certainly not at one of mine anyway. Do check out the chatroom always good for a laugh and a bit of banter.

10. Stephen & Jeannie

Stephen & Jeannie Read Only Funster

Keep away from the riff raff !!!

Keep away from this woman (Think sirens in Greek mythology !:Wink:) She is a vegetarian ..:Doh:
    All this talk of beer, wine and kettles...pah !!:Doh:
    Fizz, my dear girl, fizz !! Let's crack a few bottles !!:Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:

• Like Like x 1
  11. movan

movan Funster Life Member

Hi Oonah, See what you are letting yourself in for?:Rofl1:

I am between Liverpool and Manchester, so not too far away, as in fact are many more. Keep posting... you will be surprised how many meets are within range of us. :thumb:

PS When Sue says there are lots of gingernuts she means biscuits ... :Wink:

12. kaybee

kaybee Funster

Hi Ooonagh
    And I'm another solo traveller. Live near Lincoln and attend a lot of the rallies and have a real good time. Do come along. You're going to be putting weight on with all the offers of tea/coffee and biscuits. Look forward to meeting you. I am off to the CC site at Castleton at weekend and the weekend after that the Abbey Wood site in London:BigGrin:

• Like Like x 1