Free Member
Nov 24, 2012
Central London
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 years
Hello Folks, I am new to the site, I am planning on going skiing January 2013 to Meribel and Grand Bornand, which is basically a repeat of this years ski adventure which was a blast. Is anyone planning something similar, be pleased to hook up or join other travellers.

Free Member
Dec 3, 2009
surrey
Funster No
MH
hymer A class
Exp
since 2010
there is an unofficial meet at val thoran in january Meribel is part of the circurt of the 3 valley domain, infact the next valley from val thoran, I will be around that time and also solo skier Great if you like to meet up .

OP
OP
lavalamp

lavalamp

Free Member
Nov 24, 2012
Central London
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 years
Hi 1948, I saw the post you mentioned by Jonandshell, I stayed at Link Removed which I really like and plan on doing the same in 2013. My preliminary dates are 6/7 Jan - 26 Jan but all fluid at the moment. Yes be more than happy to meet up.:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Free Member
Dec 3, 2009
surrey
Funster No
MH
hymer A class
Exp
since 2010
hi
my shedule for Jan is from 9th to 22nd and have no fixed plan except that may go to La Plagne 2nd half of schedule to meet up others ( not finalized ) Will probably head stright to Valthoren to meet other funsters first weather permitting at 2300M there is always a chance of adverse conditions Is the campsite you booked the one half way up the bobble lift from Bride la bain to meribel

Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
Hi 1948, I saw the post you mentioned by Jonandshell, I stayed at Link Removed

just interested to know - is the skiing avaliable directly from this site or do you have to travel i.e. bus or walk to the slopes. Also is there much in the area?
Stayed in Val Thorens last year but think we passed this place.

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
there is an unofficial meet at val thoran in january Meribel is part of the circurt of the 3 valley domain, infact the next valley from val thoran, I will be around that time and also solo skier Great if you like to meet up .

Yeah!

Like the sound of that! 'Unofficial' sounds a bit rebellious!

Reject the campsites, burn your hookup lead, smash up your aquaroll, say 'no' to long hot showers! Put two fingers up at the establishment and come to VT!!!!!!::bigsmile:

Free Member
Dec 3, 2009
surrey
Funster No
MH
hymer A class
Exp
since 2010
just interested to know - is the skiing avaliable directly from this site or do you have to travel i.e. bus or walk to the slopes. Also is there much in the area?
Stayed in Val Thorens last year but think we passed this place.

lavalamp can confirm if this is correct
though meribel and val throrn are linked skiing wise To get to repective resort by road starts from valley floor way down below so you would not have passed the place on the way up to Val throrn
Hence the very expensive taxi ride if you miss the last lift of the day to get back to one of the resort you stay in

Last edited:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Yeah!

Like the sound of that! 'Unofficial' sounds a bit rebellious!

Reject the campsites, burn your hookup lead, smash up your aquaroll, say 'no' to long hot showers! Put two fingers up at the establishment and come to VT!!!!!!::bigsmile:

VT is so so last year :winky:

The way forward is Les menuires aire de camping car and a French speaking person to get your tokens for the Electricity machine, and then, us competent skiers will simply ski all over the valley(s) without suffering the -30 of last year, pay less, be in a more pictures town and warmer. :winky:

although for the life of me, I can't get this bloody Mily way at Montgeneve out of my head.....I just know Im going to end up there,
oh BTW, hope it starts snowing soon or we are all going to look a little strange with skis and no where to ski. Come on God sort it out.

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
There's snow in VT already Paul!:ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.