Solo Motorhoming in Spain this winter (1 Viewer)

Alshymer

Free Member
Jan 18, 2013
Seaton, Devon
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
10yrs
Hi
I find myself Motorhoming solo in Spain this winter, so if anyone would like to meet up for a beer, please let me know.
I am currently just north of the Somport Tunnel, entering Spain in a few hours.
I look forward to some responses.
Have fun.
Alshymer

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
Happy travels, we are in Portugal at the moment for six weeks then we will be in Spain. You can buy me a beer if our paths cross no problem. Have a good trip.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Lots of the funsters down in Benidorm area on various campsites. Some singles.
See the "benidorm snowbirds" in the groups section. They have a few meets and get togethers planned.
Failing that, walk the sites and find the FUN stickers.. (y)

Safe journey and enjoy your trip.

OP
OP
A

Alshymer

Free Member
Jan 18, 2013
Seaton, Devon
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
10yrs
Hi
Thanks for your responses.
I generally wildcamp, having little need for sites.
I do normally have a few days on Vilasol though to get a few days fix of Benidorm!!
Happy travelling.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Hi alsh,,if all goes well im buying a mh next week,then by the end of week expect to be sorted,from mond 14th hopefully on ferry then france then spain for some sun,,it will be my first time abroad driving a mh so i will buy you a beer and then you can teach me the tricks of the trade as far as wild camping goes ! deal??? ian..

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Hi alsh,,if all goes well im buying a mh next week,then by the end of week expect to be sorted,from mond 14th hopefully on ferry then france then spain for some sun,,it will be my first time abroad driving a mh so i will buy you a beer and then you can teach me the tricks of the trade as far as wild camping goes ! deal??? ian..

Ian my darling, you will really need to draw breath in between buying your van and setting off across Europe.

I admire and understand your enthusiasm, (we are just the same) but as your trip in a long one you would be better off living in the van in the UK for a week or two to make sure everything is working as it should, e.g pumps, solar, batteries. Where as you can get just about everything repaired or replaced as you travel it will be harder to find suppliers, fitters etc and know where to go. The Funster network will help with as much as possible but generally it will be easier in the UK.

I hope I haven't offended by saying this?

Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
hahah you have cut me to the quick !! lol but there is something you should know about me,,,,im a f...g idiot and i dont care,,if i have to spend a day longer in this god forsaken place i will go criminally insane !! Look at it this way,,as is my way of thinking,,,i have no home..no dependants,,no xmas plans,,,no work,,,no pets,,,no life and finally no solicitors to chase... I am barely alive,,the only thing that gets me up in the morning is the thought of some sun and a new adventure... If i break down i will walk,,if the heating goes bang i will put a jumper on,, if the water packs up i will drink my wee,,,if i run out of diesel i will push,,,, and if the ferry sinks i will swim...so im coming ,,PUT THE KETTLE ON i will be there in 3 weeks !!!! OH and i will have WD40 and a roll of ductape !! what could possibly go wrong !!!1

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2014
Exiled in Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote 600L
Exp
Since 2006
hahah you have cut me to the quick !! lol but there is something you should know about me,,,,im a f...g idiot and i dont care,,if i have to spend a day longer in this god forsaken place i will go criminally insane !! Look at it this way,,as is my way of thinking,,,i have no home..no dependants,,no xmas plans,,,no work,,,no pets,,,no life and finally no solicitors to chase... I am barely alive,,the only thing that gets me up in the morning is the thought of some sun and a new adventure... If i break down i will walk,,if the heating goes bang i will put a jumper on,, if the water packs up i will drink my wee,,,if i run out of diesel i will push,,,, and if the ferry sinks i will swim...so im coming ,,PUT THE KETTLE ON i will be there in 3 weeks !!!! OH and i will have WD40 and a roll of ductape !! what could possibly go wrong !!!1[/QUOTE

You have my wholehearted admiration so, x:-)
can I please have a little of your determination. xroll:

Have a great time and A MERRY CHRISTMAS wherever that may be.

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
Look forward to meeting you one day fella !!!
I haven't heard "attitude" like that since I left the Forces..
Let us know what type of van you get so we can spot you (( or don't, if you want to keep a low profile !!! ))
Have a ball.. We will catch you up in January..
We also do a fair bit of "of grid" camping..
Are you getting some solar panels on top of your new van ?? That fairly desirable and helps keep the leasure batteries in a sensible state..
Mitch.

Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
hi mitch,,,and theres nothing low profile about me but my tyres !! I am looking next week at lots but the ones i like at the moment are 1 hymer s650 a class auto..solar satellite lots of bits,,,but on a 99 plate,,88,000 miles.3ltre diesel merc,,auto 2 pilote p6 pacific.. no sat,no solar but 04 plate 40,000 but 2.3 engine..3 burstner solano t605 no awning,no solar,no sat or ariel 03 plate 50,000 approx again smaller engine,, Now the hymer has no fixed bed but the weight it will take is amazing,,tools golf clubs etc,,, and the most important (to a degree) hymer bang on budget,,other 2 £2,000 more than i wanted to spend !! im undecided,,but at the moment the hymer has the edge !!

OP
OP
A

Alshymer

Free Member
Jan 18, 2013
Seaton, Devon
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
10yrs
Hi Ian
You never said you played golf as well!!! I think I may come out!!!
Hope to see you. PM me if you find out how- I can't!!!
Regards Alshymer

Eve

Free Member
Jan 29, 2015
Kent
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
20 years
I am in the Andalucia region at the moment, lots of airs,advice you get a book from vicarious books in Folkstone,it does help !!!

I am finding some beautiful stops, wild camping is something you learn as you go along.

Depending on which way you are travelling down,and what you intend to do,it's worth,reading some of the blogs on here.
This is taken from my pitch ,it's in a tennis academy ,
Beer,€ 1.20. But have some cans as well,but think I might just drink them before you get here. Lol
image.jpg

Eve

Free Member
Jan 29, 2015
Kent
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
20 years
Fantastic to watch them,they also have other courts ,here is the
Www.acindalo.com or info@acindalo.com.
Busy weekend competitions,plus holiday in Spain mon/Tues.

Tennis days are over,stick to walking the dog,

mariner

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2013
Isle of Dogs, but mostly Artola Spain.
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Since 2007. But no more.
Ian my darling, you will really need to draw breath in between buying your van and setting off across Europe.

I admire and understand your enthusiasm, (we are just the same) but as your trip in a long one you would be better off living in the van in the UK for a week or two to make sure everything is working as it should, e.g pumps, solar, batteries. Where as you can get just about everything repaired or replaced as you travel it will be harder to find suppliers, fitters etc and know where to go. The Funster network will help with as much as possible but generally it will be easier in the UK.

I hope I haven't offended by saying this?

My first trip out just days after buying my first motorhome was to Germany for Christmas and then down to southern Spain in the February all on my own.
I don't regret doing it that way and the learning curve was fairly large but not a problem.
This was back in '07.
I say go for it.

:cooler:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
WOOPIEEEE EXCHANGED CONTRACTS,,COMPLETE ON MONDAY,,GET MOTORHOME TUESDAY,,,IN SPAIN FOR MONDAY 14TH,,,,,HAHAHAHAHAHA GET THE KETTLE ON !!!

I don't blame you shouting about it, roll on Monday :party::clap2: Looking forward to following your adventure.

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
judith,,do you own or run a campsite in spain?
Neither of the above, but live next to our neighbours camperstop and help them out when we feel like it! We have already had Funsters here and many have returned. It's especially good for active walkers and mountain bikers but also a good place to chill.

www.camperstopsierraespuna.blogspot.com

Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Ok lovely,,where abouts in spain is it? if i come from bilbao to benidorm coast are you on the way?

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
No. But if you leave Benidorm and travel on the motorway in the direction of Costa del Sol you will pass Totana.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back