Solo long term in a panel van? (1 Viewer)

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
We can also build one to your own design/layout if needed
terry
Just looked at the link . What a lovely job. If we were looking it would be top of the list . Good luck with the sale.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Out for dinner at the moment. Will have a proper look when I get back. Looks lovely.
Tell him to put windows in the back doors ... it's like the black hole of Calcutta in there :rolleyes:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
MaidinDevon

MaidinDevon

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 23, 2011
Bromyard, Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654
Exp
since 2010
lol. Not good for being nosy on a site either. I am pretty sure that we were both at Camper UK picking up our new vans. You had the Autocruse, and we were swapping to the Elegance. I remember your dogs. Some time ago now.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
lol. Not good for being nosy on a site either. I am pretty sure that we were both at Camper UK picking up our new vans. You had the Autocruse, and we were swapping to the Elegance. I remember your dogs. Some time ago now.
That would've been at the end of August 2012 ... you've got a good memory! The 'monsters' say hi!

DSCF2730.JPG

May 24, 2014
North Devon
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
Since 2013
Can I "throw my hat" into the ring and suggest the Autosleeper Kingham....perfect for your needs (I think?)

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Tell him to put windows in the back doors ... it's like the black hole of Calcutta in there :rolleyes:
That can be arranged :DI have another side window to fit behind the sliding door just never got around to it :)It's not to dark in there as there is a bloody big 960mm x 600 mm Heiki roof above the back seating/bed area :D
terry

OP
OP
MaidinDevon

MaidinDevon

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 23, 2011
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654
Exp
since 2010
Hi Terry

I can't quite work out the layout from the photo's. does it have two sofas in the back, or one? Also could you tell me a bit more about the shower arrangement. Does it become a wetroom. Are the tanks insulated?

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi 2 sofas in back -viewed from back doors L/side is 4ft 6 ins ish wide (pulls across to other sofa making a double bed)and R/side sofa is 6 ft 6 ins long as a permanent single bed or seat --Fresh water tank is inside under R/SEAT/BED ALONG with most of the heating and electrics/L batts so you can get to them easy if anything goes wrong (y)Left/seating is all storage -Waste tank is not insulated but can easily be done if needed
Shower/loo is a wet room with a curtain over the door that also covers the loo so it is dry while showering and you can pick up the soap if you drop it :LOL:Lever tap so that once set to a temperature it just a case of pushing down =off soap up- pull up=rinse off but for one there is ample water for continuous shower -Not sure on fresh tank size but it's quite big at around 120 ltrs waste is 80 ltrs ish -Would have to look back on purchase to be sure
terry

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Hi 2 sofas in back -viewed from back doors L/side is 4ft 6 ins ish wide (pulls across to other sofa making a double bed)and R/side sofa is 6 ft 6 ins long as a permanent single bed or seat --Fresh water tank is inside under R/SEAT/BED ALONG with most of the heating and electrics/L batts so you can get to them easy if anything goes wrong (y)Left/seating is all storage -Waste tank is not insulated but can easily be done if needed
Shower/loo is a wet room with a curtain over the door that also covers the loo so it is dry while showering and you can pick up the soap if you drop it :LOL:Lever tap so that once set to a temperature it just a case of pushing down =off soap up- pull up=rinse off but for one there is ample water for continuous shower -Not sure on fresh tank size but it's quite big at around 120 ltrs waste is 80 ltrs ish -Would have to look back on purchase to be sure
terry
Terry your selling it to me and I'm not even looking! Are they leather seats? It's all looking great.:)(y)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
That can be arranged :DI have another side window to fit behind the sliding door just never got around to it :)It's not to dark in there as there is a bloody big 960mm x 600 mm Heiki roof above the back seating/bed area :D
terry
I know you're a shy little flower so like to be hidden from view :X3: but I can't stand to feel 'blocked in' so if it was for me I would need windows in the doors for sure, and if I was full-timing the one in the other side too. (y)

OP
OP
MaidinDevon

MaidinDevon

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 23, 2011
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654
Exp
since 2010
I know you're a shy little flower so like to be hidden from view :X3: but I can't stand to feel 'blocked in' so if it was for me I would need windows in the doors for sure, and if I was full-timing the one in the other side too. (y)

Shy, maybe lol. I do agree with you. The nicest thing about the Murvi is the open lounge. Followed by the excellent kitchen work top space.

Sep 10, 2012
worcester
Funster No
MH
Sunliving van
Exp
Thinking about my previous post and what would suit for long term living in a pvc i found the image below.
this would be ideal for us as a couple as u get a bit more lounge space but still retain the storage under the rear bed. downside is the extra length as our current 6 mtr van can create parking problems in town carparks.

Attachments

• globecar-familyscout.jpg
    globecar-familyscout.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 28

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
I don't know what kind of van it is that @knuckledragger owns, but it was at Pembrey and it was absolutely beautiful.... I would really love one of those and the large lounge faced the open sliding door with the sun coming in and it was also sooooo light and airey inside. Hope he sees this to tell you what kind it was.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Thinking about my previous post and what would suit for long term living in a pvc i found the image below.
this would be ideal for us as a couple as u get a bit more lounge space but still retain the storage under the rear bed. downside is the extra length as our current 6 mtr van can create parking problems in town carparks.
That's what we've got ... a Globecar Familyscout L ... we saw the one that Ludo had bought a couple of years ago and thought it was great and ended up getting one ourselves last year ... love it! Some images here:

Broken Link Removed

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back