SoLiD (1 Viewer)

longdog

Banned
Apr 16, 2013
Funster No
Hi, just wondering if anyone has experience of the 2013 onwards Elddis vans with SoLiD construction?

I am "interested" in one but on the other hand, there is also a nice 2012 Elddis 145 on the horizon. I heard that Elddis have guaranteed all 2012 van owners the same 10 years warranty against water ingress as they provide for the new vans.

Any comments and personal experience would be most welcome.

Jan 26, 2010
Conwy, North Wales
Funster No
MH
Relay self build
Exp
Since 2007
It depends what the price difference between the 2 vans is and whether you judge that to be worth paying. That will depend on how long you anticipate keeping the van and what the potential difference in residual values may be. Crystal ball time?

I had an Elddis factory tour shortly after SoLiD was launched and I was very impressed with the construction methods and the overall strength of the joints that were demonstrated. That, together with fewer screwed joints and better design, should lead to less likelihood of water ingress.

If the price difference is not really significant then if it was me in your position, I would go for the SoLiD construction. There are a number of videos on You Tube that explain in detail what the new method entails and what the benefits are. It may also be worth joining the Elddis owners club and asking the same question on their forum?:thumb:

OP
OP
L

longdog

Banned
Apr 16, 2013
Funster No
Thanks, good advice, I shall try that and report back :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
When we were looking for our MH was interested in an Elddis 125. A salesman said that you do not get a FULL 10 year warranty. He said that after year five it is a sliding scale where you have to pay some of the water ingress repair costs.

Now, he may have been giving us wrong info, but make sure you find out all the details about the 10 year warranty before you lay your cash down !!

OP
OP
L

longdog

Banned
Apr 16, 2013
Funster No
When we were looking for our MH was interested in an Elddis 125. A salesman said that you do not get a FULL 10 year warranty. He said that after year five it is a sliding scale where you have to pay some of the water ingress repair costs.

Now, he may have been giving us wrong info, but make sure you find out all the details about the 10 year warranty before you lay your cash down !!

Thanks for this, I was going by the Elddis advert which says "backed by our free 10 year water ingress warranty" with no mention of a sliding scale, but I shall certainly be aware of this now.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back