Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
I don't believe it the solar panel is now not working :cry:
just wondering if it could just be a wire somewhere that's come lose as the isn't any mechanical parts to go wrong will have to get upon the roof tomorrow and have a look :Eeek:

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
I would doubt you will find anything loose wiring related on the roof, more likely something in the battery area or regulator

Good luck though

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
I have disconnected the Leeds from the solder panel and put the meter on them nothing :Eeek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Oops, maybe you have got to look on top then, could it be the recent hail, we have had some serious sized lumps come down near us in the last week?

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
there was a bit today when I checked it and even with cloud cover should still get some kind of reding

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
If it is an old panel then the black box on the back of the panel from which the cables come may well be corroded inside, you can open it carefully to look, more recent panels to overcome this problem have been filled with silicone which then makes them unserviceable. If no silicone you can check the diodes.

Whenever messing with a solar panel protect the regulator by ALWAYS disconnecting or covering the solar panel before removing the battery connection or you WILL blow the regulator.

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
If it is an old panel then the black box on the back of the panel from which the cables come may well be corroded inside, you can open it carefully to look, more recent panels to overcome this problem have been filled with silicone which then makes them unserviceable. If no silicone you can check the diodes.

Whenever messing with a solar panel protect the regulator by ALWAYS disconnecting or covering the solar panel before removing the battery connection or you WILL blow the regulator.
thank you Rodger:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back