Sold The Business

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Soaringman, May 18, 2012.

1. Soaringman

Soaringman Funster

:BigGrin: On Wednesday we sold the business:Laughing:
    This means that we are not working 7 days a week and should be able to meet up with you guys at some of the rallies. :thumb:
    We can at last use our new toy which only I have slept in once. The wife is really looking forward to a bit of well earned R&R, together with our Bernese Mountain dog "Brewster"
    Lock up your Livers :Rofl1:

• Like Like x 8
  2. slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob Read Only Funster

retirement never happens

Retirement never happens... we always find something started to get in the way...

I thought we were all set 3 years back..Sue took early retirement, I just stopped (I was able to do that being a lawyer).. but Sue went back for half hours and I ended up working for a housing association as an unpaid board member... these days seem busier than ever.

Only one getting any rest is Ezzie (The St Bernard)...

Bob

3. Soaringman

Soaringman Funster

Hi bob
    Yes the wife cant sit still, but I have some gliding to catch up on:Smile: but having worked since I was 15. It is now time for a rest. Only 2 days in and not bored yet:Laughing: plenty of gardening to do :Sad: Hope Ezzie is well, have been following on threads. It is always a worry, we lost our lab collie cross a year ago and still brings a lump to the throat when we think about it.

4. Hollyberry

Hollyberry Funster

Congratulations!! Can still remember the feeling of relief when I sold my business. Few months from now you'll wonder how you ever did the hours.

Happy travelling.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Blossom60

Blossom60 Funster

Well done, enjoy your time. Know the 24/7 feeling and its great not to have that!
    Gina

• Like Like x 1
  6. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

Is that really the case Bob or is it more a matter of choosing to take up paid employment or voluntary work because one wants to?

We kept out part time business going for nearly 6 years after I retired and then sold it, both by choice. Jill continued to work part time for a year after I retired, again from choice. We've both done charitable work throughout that time, again by choice.

All those choices, though, have been made at the same time as ensuring that they didn't interfere with other things we wanted to do.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Carol

Carol Funster Life Member

Amazing feeling of freedom when you sell a business you are ready to sell now you can start the next step, enjoy your retirement and your new toy. :thumb:

• Like Like x 2
  8. mickcope

mickcope Read Only Funster

i found it took me about a year to wind down after closing the business and 'retiring'.

But now love it and would not go back

Mick

• Like Like x 1