Solar Tyre Pressure Monitor (1 Viewer)

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Interesting. 30 quid cheaper than the new Tyrepal solar kit.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
There are quite a few on fea bay a bit cheaper. Interesting product, l like the no wire installation, no good for me as we have six wheels to monitor.

I know it's significantly more expensive but Tyrepal do a 6 wheel kit.

Broken Link Removed

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
There are quite a few on fea bay a bit cheaper. Interesting product, l like the no wire installation, no good for me as we have six wheels to monitor.

Buy two.. cover 7 wheels

One for the four rear wheels.. one for the front wheels + the spare..

£140

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Why is it important to know the temperature ?

If itis rising, as is normal, the pressure increases, also normal .. you can see this and have an alarm in the monitor..

what extra information does knowing the temp. provide ?

Sep 10, 2013
Chelmsford Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Getting better
I know it's significantly more expensive but Tyrepal do a 6 wheel kit.

Broken Link Removed
Thanks for that, I may well treat myself, especially as we have no spare, just a naff seal kit and to spot a problem before it becomes a crisis makes the cost look better.

Cleve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2015
France
Funster No
MH
Hymer 654
I have the tyrepal solar system fitted to Helen. Sadly it had not arrived before I left for France in May but I fitted it when I returned to Helen in July. I cannot recommend it highly enough, very satisfied.

The other thing you might consider is a decent 12v compressor, I wasted money on one of those little plastic jobs which I use for the bikes and lilo now. Having learned my lesson I have a good twin cylinder job which did not cost much more and came in a convenient carry bag and has a good flexible coiled hose.

With the duff valve situation (totally avoidable if my instructions had been followed (they have now)) the tyrepal was an absolute godsend and in my view paid for itself in that single journey.

Clive

:france::clap2::france:

OP
OP
Dave and Ginny

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
Since 2011, previously a tugger
Should have updated the thread!

Don't get the Halfords one...I did to then discover it's only suitable for up to 60psi, although this was not on the description of the item. They gave me a full refund and said they would update the description of the item...but just checked and they don't seem to have done.

Went for a Tyrepal solar instead.

Doctor Dave

Free Member
May 18, 2015
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
7 years followed by a break of 11 years and then 4+ years but given up now
I put a Tyrepal TPMS on the van a couple of years ago. Although in our Pug 107 I reckon the driver could feel the effect of a soft tyre, when we decided to tow the pug with an A-frame I thought it a good idea to get a TPMS for the car as well (solar powered and from Tyrepal) I also got a repeater for the system so it is just a case of taking the display unit from the car to the van when towing and my wife can watch the tyre pressures from HER car. Gives peace of mind!

Dave

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back