Solar problem (maybe)

Discussion in 'Solar Power' started by Al-Di, Sep 4, 2014.

1. Al-Di

Al-Di Funster

my regulator has a flashing red light under the panel symbol, have changed the battery as thought its was goosed, light still flashing, has a green light under batt symbol and is giving out 13.8v(10am) rising to 14.9 v after midday staying at this till sunset battery is at rest 13.8v, red light is still flashing, have cleaned the solar panel itself,

do i have a problem ???

Alan,

2. voyagerstan

voyagerstan Read Only Funster

no i dont think so dferent regulators flash abit diferently . reading your figuers it looks like its working ok .(y) STAN

3. Wildman

Wildman Read Only Funster

I don't think so depends on the regulator but generally telling you the battery is fully charged and the regulator has stopped putting more power in.

4. andy63

andy63 Funster

hi alan, firstly hope all well with you..
    just looked at my instructions on the pwm controller on my portable panel to see if I could help.
    the led under my panel symbol lights to show the panel is working (ie sunlight available) ,it flashes quickly to indicate battery overvoltage.. and now im confused LOL as I thought the controller would just switch the current off in those circumstances...
    your quoted voltages seem healthy so im sure all is well...
    do you have any instructions for it???
    ta andy

5. Al-Di

Al-Di Funster

no instructions that I can find, but glad to hear it sounds ok, 1st battery was indeed goosed, put it on charge overnight disconnected this morning and by 1600 hrs its down to 10v,

thanks for the help Guys, see you at Lincoln,

Alan,