Solar powered phone/tablet charger reccomendations (1 Viewer)

Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
Anyone got one or have experience of using one all this rallying off ehu has me considering purchasing one. Both our phones are modern Samsungs been off ehu 10 days on present rally and am wary of using 12 charger off leisure batteries in overcast dull weather when MH solar panel is struggling to maintain battery charge levels.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
all i can say is i go away in the truck for 6 months at a time other than solar or driving my batteries get no other kind of charge .
at the moment my house fridge .and a deepfreeze are being powered by solar from my trucks inverter . glad i can park next to the house. saves leccy. in the day i use another extension lead to power the computer ,vacum . cant waste the solar on the trailer.get more panels iff you havent got enough power.

Last edited:

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
The universe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
We have a solar charger that we bought from a show a coule of years ago. It still charges our iPads and phones.Takes about 4 hours to fully charge it self in the sun. well worth it but, get a decent one for about £50. Maplins sell them.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I bought a Freeloader plus Supercharger 3 or 4 years ago and used it at first but most of the time forget to get it out of the locker these days. It's OK if you can leave it in full sun all day (the Supercharger is really designed to be attached to a back pack whilst walking) but otherwise takes a good while to charge up. Also, it coped well with the phone I had then but doesn't put a full charge in the Nokia E7 I have now. Maybe current models are quicker but I don't know.

I've found that, with the solar panel on the van, charging any mobile device takes so little power that it is soon replenished next day.

steveclecy

Free Member
Jun 10, 2009
Wirral
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since June 2009
Aldi Special Buys this week.from Sunday

No idea how practical they are.

Steve

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
I had the Freeloader and Supercharger in Mongolia and it was brilliant for charging phones and Ipods. We also had a Solar Gorilla for our netbook.Link Removed
Both units charged our devices

enery8

Free Member
Oct 11, 2012
Dorset
Funster No
MH
FFB Tabbert Classic 660
Exp
towing for 20 odd years but now have our first motorhome.
I bought one of these from Lidl for £12.99. Works fine with my Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini. Has an array of connectors and 3 voltage settings viz 5v/7.5v/9v
I bought mine while at Newbury show 16th may but they may possibly have some left in your local store.

:thumb::thumb:

Allison

Free Member
Jun 5, 2013
uk
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
i am a newbie
Dear Stewart I am very happy to see your suggestion about solo charger...I have I Phone5 and now i want solo charger for it ......How i got it ???

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back