Solar powered phone/tablet charger reccomendations

Discussion in 'Solar Power' started by Stewart J, Jun 1, 2013.

1. Stewart J

Stewart J Funster

Anyone got one or have experience of using one all this rallying off ehu has me considering purchasing one. Both our phones are modern Samsungs been off ehu 10 days on present rally and am wary of using 12 charger off leisure batteries in overcast dull weather when MH solar panel is struggling to maintain battery charge levels.

2. vwalan

vwalan Funster

all i can say is i go away in the truck for 6 months at a time other than solar or driving my batteries get no other kind of charge .
    at the moment my house fridge .and a deepfreeze are being powered by solar from my trucks inverter . glad i can park next to the house. saves leccy. in the day i use another extension lead to power the computer ,vacum . cant waste the solar on the trailer.get more panels iff you havent got enough power.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2013
  3. 656

656 Read Only Funster

We have a solar charger that we bought from a show a coule of years ago. It still charges our iPads and phones.Takes about 4 hours to fully charge it self in the sun. well worth it but, get a decent one for about £50. Maplins sell them.

• Like Like x 1
  4. SuperMike

SuperMike Read Only Funster

£50 to charge a phone. :Rofl1:

5. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

I bought a Freeloader plus Supercharger 3 or 4 years ago and used it at first but most of the time forget to get it out of the locker these days. It's OK if you can leave it in full sun all day (the Supercharger is really designed to be attached to a back pack whilst walking) but otherwise takes a good while to charge up. Also, it coped well with the phone I had then but doesn't put a full charge in the Nokia E7 I have now. Maybe current models are quicker but I don't know.

I've found that, with the solar panel on the van, charging any mobile device takes so little power that it is soon replenished next day.

• Like Like x 1
  6. steveclecy

steveclecy Read Only Funster

Aldi Special Buys this week have these from Sunday

No idea how practical they are.

Steve

7. bigfoot

bigfoot Funster

8. enery8

enery8 Funster

I bought one of these from Lidl for £12.99. Works fine with my Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini. Has an array of connectors and 3 voltage settings viz 5v/7.5v/9v
    I bought mine while at Newbury show 16th may but they may possibly have some left in your local store.

:thumb::thumb:

9. Allison

Allison Read Only Funster

Dear Stewart I am very happy to see your suggestion about solo charger...I have I Phone5 and now i want solo charger for it ......How i got it ???