Solar Power Controller - Load Terminal (1 Viewer)

Sep 9, 2014
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Summer 2014
Managed to get my pair of panels connected up along with a Sterling battery maintainer, so I'm hopefully sorted out for some stand-alone power and no more flat starter battery problems.

I'm using a 25A MPPT controller with a max of 300w available from the panels and 200Ah from leisure batteries.
The controller has a set of load terminals, while I realise the terminals are not suitable for for heavy loads, I'm not clear on where the power comes from...is it a direct connection via the output leads from controller to leisure batt's, or is it a regulated supply directly from the panels? So, if the panels were not generating power, nothing would be available from load terminals?

Was thinking of using the terminals to provide power for a 12v combi TV, or if that may be too power hungry, using them for charging laptop, iPads, phones etc. Indeed your thoughts on what else I might usefully these terminals to power would be good!

Appreciate all your help in getting this far - and I'm feeling fair chuffed with what I've managed, just need to jump this final hurdle! :)

Oct 20, 2010
Burry Port South Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
Our controller load terminals provide power both day and night.
We use ours to run our Wifi Router and a 12v socket to charge phones, tablets etc. You should be able to find the spec for your controller which should detail the load output power limit and then put an inline fuse to protect it.
Cheers

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
The power comes from the battery unless the solar charge exceeds the demand