Solar phone charger advice please

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by carolyn, Jul 4, 2013.

1. carolyn

carolyn Funster

I have searched the posts and checked the Freeloader pro and Powerbee, the new reports on amazon are from powerbee themselves so biased and the stuff on freeloader was old. We have a single battery no proper solar panels but just wondered about one of these to top up my iphone and possibly ipad when at a rally. Would not want to be uncontactable by my babies(23,21 and 17 sad mum I know). We might get one of the portable bigger ones at some point to top up the leisure battery as on our Autosleeper symbol roof ther are 3 roof lights and a funny mushroom aerial thing so not much room for a fixed one.
    Reports seem to vary from good to chocolate teapot so thanks for your advice.:Smile:

2. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

A phone has such a tiny battery you can charge it again and again from the leisure battery and you'll never notice the drain.

An iPad, you'd hardly notice the odd charge of that.

Try it.

3. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

See my reply to an earlier thread HERE.

I actually remembered to get the Freeloader out on our current trip and used it to charge Jill's phone (Samsung Galaxy Y) this morning but if I didn't have it I would just use the main battery. I don't think the Freeloader would be up to charging an iPhone or iPad as it doesn't give my Nokia E7 a full charge.

• Like Like x 1