Solar panels really do work.....(-;

Discussion in 'Tech/Mech General' started by buttons, Aug 3, 2016.

1. buttons

buttons Funster

My daughter had ten Solar panels fitted back in January. She reports that it has made a huge difference to her usage. She manages all her big usage during the day and is now paying a fraction of what she was paying before they were fitted.(y)

• Like Like x 2
  2. shawn&emma

shawn&emma Funster

No experience regarding them on the house but they work well on the motorhome. Im sure if you don't go of hookup that much they may not be cost effective. A basic setup may cost from £200 up so thats a lot of hookup nights. At £4 per night ehu thats 50 nights. For most i suspect its all about convenience as it is for us.

3. tonyidle

tonyidle Funster

I've had them since before the subsidy was reduced. My monthly bill went down by 2/3rds immediately and I receive £1200+ per year return. Brilliant!

• Like Like x 2
  4. buttons

buttons Funster

Pity she didn't get in earlier, that sounds like a real win win. I'm not sure what is being paid now but it is a fraction of what it was.(y)

5. buttons

buttons Funster

My niece lives on a canal barge, my brother fitted her a couple on there it has completely transformed her life afloat.(y)

• Like Like x 2
  6. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

We are now on ABOUT 47p per unit generated ( yes, fitted and installed just before the fall, and registered just 5 days ahead of the cut off ! )

Had them about 4 years and WELL over half of install back already.. Plus of course the cheaper quarterly bills