Solar Panel (1 Viewer)

Oct 27, 2013
Portglenone, Northern Ireland.
Funster No
MH
Elddis Magnum185GT
Exp
Since July 2012
Hi. We bought a new Apache 634 last October and I'm thinking about having a 100w panel installed on the roof. Does any body know if by doing this I would affect the dampness warranty? I would prefer not to use the supplying dealer for this (long story :Angry:) and was thinking of paying a visit to Vanbitz to have the work done.

This site is addictive - on here every night! Really good & helpful. Don't know how I managed without you all! :thumb:

Thanks, Chris

geo glasgow

Free Member
Feb 2, 2014
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail cheyenne
Exp
my panels are adheared on no screws

Hi. We bought a new Apache 634 last October and I'm thinking about having a 100w panel installed on the roof. Does any body know if by doing this I would affect the dampness warranty? I would prefer not to use the supplying dealer for this (long story :Angry:) and was thinking of paying a visit to Vanbitz to have the work done.

This site is addictive - on here every night! Really good & helpful. Don't know how I managed

i would ask the installer if his work is covered under warranty and how he will apply the panel to roof,,

Last edited:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
really cant see a problem and Vanbitz are a professional company with an excellent reputation for quality and workmanship.

PS.....my recommendation invoice is in the post Eddie. :thumb: :roflmto:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
Its pretty simple really, if you have a water ingress issue after having a solar panel (or anything else that could be attributed to the ingress) it should be pretty easy to establish if the new item and its intallation is the cause. If it is then you talk to the installer who will be insured (well they will be if you deal with reputable businesses like VanBitz or ourselves::bigsmile:). If the panel is for example on the front of the roof and the rear window leaks then its pretty obvious that thepanel installation has nothing to do with the wter ingress issue and you speak to your supplying dealer.

D.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back