Solar Panel

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Ninovan, Feb 24, 2014.

1. Ninovan

Ninovan Funster

Hi. We bought a new Apache 634 last October and I'm thinking about having a 100w panel installed on the roof. Does any body know if by doing this I would affect the dampness warranty? I would prefer not to use the supplying dealer for this (long story :Angry:) and was thinking of paying a visit to Vanbitz to have the work done.

This site is addictive - on here every night! Really good & helpful. Don't know how I managed without you all! :thumb:

Thanks, Chris

• Like Like x 1
  2. geo glasgow

geo glasgow Read Only Funster

my panels are adheared on no screws

Last edited: Feb 24, 2014
  3. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

really cant see a problem and Vanbitz are a professional company with an excellent reputation for quality and workmanship.

PS.....my recommendation invoice is in the post Eddie. :thumb: :Laughing:

• Like Like x 3
  4. dave newell lvs

dave newell lvs Trader-Vehicle Services

Its pretty simple really, if you have a water ingress issue after having a solar panel (or anything else that could be attributed to the ingress) it should be pretty easy to establish if the new item and its intallation is the cause. If it is then you talk to the installer who will be insured (well they will be if you deal with reputable businesses like VanBitz or ourselves:BigGrin:). If the panel is for example on the front of the roof and the rear window leaks then its pretty obvious that thepanel installation has nothing to do with the wter ingress issue and you speak to your supplying dealer.

D.

• Like Like x 2