Solar panel supply & fit recommendations (1 Viewer)

Paul an Jane MK

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2016
Milton Keynes
Funster No
MH
Elddis Encore 255
Exp
enjoyed the freedom over the last couple of years but still Wish we could have got away more often
Hi,

I want to get some solar panels fitted to our moho, normally on site with hook up but would allow for us to go off grid for the odd couple of day and keep battery charged while stored.

We are based in Milton Keynes and so far have only spoken to Solar Alliance in Lowestoft after they were mentioned in a post. The biggest panel they fit is 140 Watt panel with 10A controller for £350. Having spoken to them they use Sikaflex to secure the panels so only one hole for the cable needs to be drilled into the roof. Only drawback the work would be done outside so weather dependant.

Has anyone used these guys or any other recommendations not too far from Milton Keynes.

Easyliving

Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Can't help with the 'not too far from Milton Keynes' bit but we are having a panel fitted at Vanbitz (Taunton) next month. Don't suppose its the cheapest but you do get an MPPT controller (supposed to be better than PWR) and battery master included.

Their workshop has a nice campsite next door where you can stay overnight for free if you are having work done. Best of all you get your 10% Funsters discount!

Might be worth thinking about, you could make a short break of it maybe?

Paul

Kool Kroozer

Free Member
Apr 19, 2014
Cannock Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hobby Premium
Exp
Always learning
Yes, i believe its the same company i got my panels from x2 140w Black, (sexiest panels on the market :LOL::LOL:) Nice and helpful folk there at Aliance, Fast delivery, got all my bits from them incl cables and and connectors. Made my own Brackets though (Alu Angle)
P1070547.JPG

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Kool Kroozer

Free Member
Apr 19, 2014
Cannock Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hobby Premium
Exp
Always learning
Would you not consider fitting yourself Paul ? Its not hard or rocket science, i suppose the scariest bit being a newbie would be to drill a hole through ya roof - once you have done a few jobs ya wont think twice about it :LOL::LOL:

Bobby22

Free Member
Dec 15, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido 680ff
Exp
since 2013
Hi,

I want to get some solar panels fitted to our moho, normally on site with hook up but would allow for us to go off grid for the odd couple of day and keep battery charged while stored.

We are based in Milton Keynes and so far have only spoken to Solar Alliance in Lowestoft after they were mentioned in a post. The biggest panel they fit is 140 Watt panel with 10A controller for £350. Having spoken to them they use Sikaflex to secure the panels so only one hole for the cable needs to be drilled into the roof. Only drawback the work would be done outside so weather dependant.

Has anyone used these guys or any other recommendations not too far from Milton Keynes.
£350 fully fitted for 140 watts is a fair price. An mppt cotroller works best on systems of 150w and more.
A pwm controller is fine with 140w panel

If your not comfortable fitting it by yourself, it sounds reasonable.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back