solar panel increased efficiency

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by tofo, May 5, 2012.

1. tofo

tofo Funster

Last edited: May 5, 2012
  2. Gromett

Gromett Funster

It's microscopic folds, I am pretty sure they didn't get a bit of sandpaper on it :Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:

It also refers to the plastic based solar cells and it is a 47% increase not increased up to 47%. So if you do this to a 3% efficiency cell you get almost 4.5% efficiency:Sad:

A lot of these solar panel 'advances' never make it to the production line unfortunely.

I read the register.co.uk amongst others daily and they announce a new advance in solar tech every other week. I have yet to see any of them make it to end user products :Angry: The register is the tech worlds version of the Sun... Check out the source article though.
    http://www.photonics.com/Article.aspx?AID=50779

3. Gromett

Gromett Funster

4. TheBig1

TheBig1 Funster Life Member

I realise this is basically micro technology and very small creases, but I wonder if putting a sheet of crinkly plastic over a solar panel???? now watch somebody try it :Rofl1:

5. lorger

lorger Funster

This would be great for me as i make the film that goes inside PV solar panels and if the surface is not perfect then we have to fail it. So would make my job a lot easier. :Rofl1::Rofl1: