Free Member
Jun 8, 2013
Warwick
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
newbite
I have recently purchased a Bessacar E560 1997, can any one advise where the solar panel connection point is located, described in handbook as existing.

Regards

Shearform:Smile:

SandJ

Free Member
Sep 14, 2007
North Yorks
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Too long lol
I have recently purchased a Bessacar E560 1997, can any one advise where the solar panel connection point is located, described in handbook as existing.

Regards

Shearform:Smile:

Join

swift-talk.co.uk

Then ask the question on there :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 26, 2010
Conwy, North Wales
Funster No
MH
Relay self build
Exp
Since 2007
If you have a Sargent Power Supply Unit (PSU), the Sargent website is very good for technical assistance. I have just fitted a solar panel to my Autocruise van and used the diagram here which helped greatly :

Link Removed

And here: Link Removed

The connector that they leave for solar is probably somewhere near the PSU - I found mine directly behind it tucked into the rest of the wiring loom. It can also be higher up, depending upon the model. Make sure that all batteries and the mains power are disconnected before removal.

I bought the Sargent solar panel kit which had the panel, mounting brackets, connecting loom and charge regulator. The only problem that I had was in getting the right connector to fit the one already on the loom. See the note on the attachment above re Tyco Mate n Lock connectors. Sargent Technical were very helpful. :thumb:

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
To my knowledge Swift/Bessacarr have never fitted the Schaudt Elektroblock which is almost exclusively fitted to continental vans, mostly of German origins. As the Bessie in question is of 1997 vintage it is likely to have Sargent electrics but I seriously doubt if it has a dedicated solar input connection.

D.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back