Solar Panel Connection

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Shearform, Jun 8, 2013.

1. Shearform

Shearform Read Only Funster

I have recently purchased a Bessacar E560 1997, can any one advise where the solar panel connection point is located, described in handbook as existing.

Regards

Shearform:Smile:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Wildman

Wildman Read Only Funster

If fitted with an electrabloc its most likely on there

3. SandJ

SandJ Read Only Funster

Join

swift-talk.co.uk

Then ask the question on there :thumb:

4. martin1485

martin1485 Funster

If you have a Sargent Power Supply Unit (PSU), the Sargent website is very good for technical assistance. I have just fitted a solar panel to my Autocruise van and used the diagram here which helped greatly :

http://www.sargentltd.co.uk/Swift Solar Install.pdf

And here: http://www.sargentltd.co.uk/Swift Solar Info.pdf

The connector that they leave for solar is probably somewhere near the PSU - I found mine directly behind it tucked into the rest of the wiring loom. It can also be higher up, depending upon the model. Make sure that all batteries and the mains power are disconnected before removal.

I bought the Sargent solar panel kit which had the panel, mounting brackets, connecting loom and charge regulator. The only problem that I had was in getting the right connector to fit the one already on the loom. See the note on the attachment above re Tyco Mate n Lock connectors. Sargent Technical were very helpful. :thumb:

5. dave newell lvs

dave newell lvs Trader-Vehicle Services

To my knowledge Swift/Bessacarr have never fitted the Schaudt Elektroblock which is almost exclusively fitted to continental vans, mostly of German origins. As the Bessie in question is of 1997 vintage it is likely to have Sargent electrics but I seriously doubt if it has a dedicated solar input connection.

D.