solar panel charging

Discussion in 'Tech/Mech General' started by Welsh girl, Jul 2, 2014.

1. Welsh girl

Welsh girl Funster Life Member

A bit long winded but here goes. ..
    We have 2 leisure batteries under passenger seat ,1 vehicle battery under drivers seat with a battery to battery charger, all charged by our roof mounted 85w solar panel.
    workshop technician wired up an inverter with an inline fuse and o rings to enable us to use the inverter elswhere (another story ) to battery under driver seat .
    Could we now use those o rings to clip crocodile clips to , to use a 6ow folding solar panel to charge the 3 batteries under the seats along with the roof solar panel?
    Or would it cause conflict with the controllers on each solar panels?

2. funflair

funflair Funster Life Member

Hi TrishandTerry

Not sure what the O rings are but guess it is not that important, my feeling is that you will be OK and indeed we had this setup when we first got the motorhome, I would not use clips but would prefer to wire and fuse and have a plug for the solar panel (the folding panel will need a regulator/controller), I have two Solar controllers going to the habitation batteries and they both work when the batteries need charging but then as they get close to charged one controller takes priority. I dont know about the B2B aspect as we have a CBE module that charges the starter battery from the Habitation batteries when they are charged.

Somebody else will be along soon to either confirm or contradict what I have said.

Martin

• Like Like x 1