Jul 10, 2016
hucknall
Funster No
MH
Swift bolero 712sb
Exp
10 years
hi peeps

on a sergeant 450 do i connect the solar panel direct to it or should there be a regulator in between.

saw similar thread about this because there is already a brown wire on this connection "16" what is the brown wire for?

thanks

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
I believe it is a two way connector so the brown goes to the leisure battery. Manual says limited to 100 watts but it does not say it has a regulator built in. I would ignore the panel and go straight to the battery via a regulator

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
I believe it is a two way connector so the brown goes to the leisure battery. Manual says limited to 100 watts but it does not say it has a regulator built in. I would ignore the panel and go straight to the battery via a regulator

Definitely --- with a dual battery controller you can go both sets.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
3.6 Solar Charge Management EC468 and EC469 PSU’s incorporate a built-in solar charge management feature, which will control the input from a separate solar panel and regulator. Depending on the charge state of the batteries, the solar power will be directed to the required battery, and continuously monitored to ensure optimum operation. For this system to operate intelligently, the shutdown button should be left switched on. If the shutdown button is turned off then the solar panel will charge the vehicle battery only.

Reading the above from Sargents website and the manual. It looks like you need a separate regulator..
Link Removed

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back