Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
IMG_0084.JPG

Here is a, not the best in the world, picture of my controller at 11.30am ishhhhh. I have posted it just for reference. Using 4x100w panels on the roof. Obviously at this time of the year the sun is still not very high in the sky, so I have great hopes for my installation efforts come the Summer, when we do a bit of free loading tosser type stuff around Europe. :)

Last edited:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Yes its nice to have. We've had more than that on a roof, 4 x 120 but presently we have 300w. It's more than enough. Thing is, when your panels are generating the most leccy, were pretty much using the least, when its dark wet and cold and need it, then it aint there.

I hear that @eddievanbitz is developing some lunar panels that work at night so a few of them alongside my solar and we'll be sorted (y)

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Yes its nice to have. We've had more than that on a roof, 4 x 120 but presently we have 300w. It's more than enough. Thing is, when your panels are generating the most leccy, were pretty much using the least, when its dark wet and cold and need it, then it aint there.

I hear that @eddievanbitz is developing some lunar panels that work at night so a few of them alongside my solar and we'll be sorted (y)
Park under a street light , that will sort it(y):D

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
SuperMike

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
Thing is, when your panels are generating the most leccy, were pretty much using the least, when its dark wet and cold and need it, then it aint there. (y)

True @Jim for most, but not us. The TV will run all night, don't ask. Also Managements two 60w heat pads will also run all night, again don't ask. So come daybreak the batteries are beginning to feel tired. :whistle:

Reactions: Jim

golly

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 16, 2009
Land of the Prince Bishops
Funster No
MH
HYMERCAR PVC
Exp
since August 2009

But he's not fitting them until the 1st of next month.:whistle:

Sep 12, 2016
Chesterfield England Tellus 3
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 800
Exp
6 years
You don't say if you are AT Twin Lakes or going but as a regular visitor I would recommend that you stay in the field next to the bottom lake much less over head trees

That said we had a pitch inside the main camping pitches an we had reading up in the 14/15v by 10:30am everyday and our MPPT controller was showing all batteries full as well despite the tree cover

Enjoy we plan on popping in to see Garry but not at the rally time as we are elsewhere

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back