Solano T700 to buy or not to buy?

Discussion in 'Burstner' started by J&S, Jun 17, 2016.

1. J&S

J&S Funster

Hi Funsters
    URGENT INFO NEEDED PLEASE
    Are we doing the right thing?.

There is a Burstner Solano T700 twin single bed end bathroom layout, its on a 2009 plate. Its engin is 3Lt and its plated at 4000kg.
    We are very tempted to purchase it.

Really would appreciate any comments about this model.
    We are aware that it may ground out at the rear driving up a slope. However thats not a problem for us.

Thanks in anticipation J&S. Darlington area

Last edited: Jun 17, 2016
  2. Allanm

Allanm Funster

Can't give you advice on whether to buy or not, but it looks a very nice van. Are you ok with your licence being as it is over the magic 3500kg?
    I think any van with an overhang has the potential to ground out driving up a sudden steep slope although it doesn't look to be any longer than most other vans around 7m or so.

3. rosierose

rosierose Funster

What are you concerned about?

4. trophychap

trophychap Funster

They are usually very reliable vans, I have never heard of anyone having problems with "grounding". Most vans that have that problem generally speaking have soggy rear springs.

I don't think they have anymore overhang than the average 7 meter van, ours is a little over 7 and we have never had a problem with that happening, and we have been on quite a few ferries with it.

5. J&S

J&S Funster

No specific concerns about it, its just that I hate the thought of being told after the deal is done that I should have asked on the forum first...!

Also we have not been able to find one on the web that is the exactly the same... the one currently being offered by Southdown Motorhomes is the same but ourshas very different upholstery. Makes us wonder if its a different year or did the manufacturer offer different upholstery when new?
    Thanks anyways for all you comments. .. oh and have just passed my medical (over 70) so that should be ok too.
    J&S

• Like Like x 1
  6. kaasbroodje

kaasbroodje Funster

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. J&S

J&S Funster

Oh thanks for that...most helpful but still cant see our exact t700 model... tried to find a 2008 Catalogue but no joy as yet.
    the hunt go's on

8. Greenacres

Greenacres Funster

We had the Delfin t700, almost identical. Loved it, loved it and cried when we downsized. Happy again now with the Burstner Travel Van, which is half a metre shorter but fixed single beds again. Such luxury.

9. J&S

J&S Funster

Got the van now... wonderful also got my licence upgraded to cover for that van as its over 3500kg and I'm over 70 years old.

why did you give yours up?

• Like Like x 4
  10. J&S

J&S Funster

By the way we still have not found anything on the web about our particular model. Found some similar types.
    Its a 2008 on a 2009 reg , MAS 4000kg , engin is 3000cc and the upholstery is edged in cream leather with cream patterned material. End bathroom, single beds , loung/dining area, solar panels, reversing camara and its emaculate.

11. Puddleduck

Puddleduck Funster

Could the upholstery be a special or has it been reupholstered? Sounds nice :)

12. J&S

J&S Funster

Think its original but if it has be reupholstered its been done extremely well... we are over the moon with it ...

• Like Like x 2
  13. Anthea M

Anthea M Funster

Sounds lovely have lots of great trips in her.:)

14. Stagman

Stagman Funster

We have the same van as you! Very happy with it. Again ours is 3litre and over 4T
    Not sure of your interior but ours is suede effect pale beige/cream
    08 plate
    Twin single beds rear bathroom. Only bugbear is shallow exterrior cupboars openings. But there is always sacrifice somewhere.
    Hope you enjoy your van. Are you going to Malvern MH show in August?

John

15. J&S

J&S Funster

[QUOTE="Stagman, post: 1952745, member: 37789"Malvern

We have the same van as you! Very happy with it. Again ours is 3litre and over 4T
    Not sure of your interior but ours is suede effect pale beige/cream
    08 plate
    Twin single beds rear bathroom. Only bugbear is shallow exterrior cupboars openings. But there is always sacrifice somewhere.
    Hope you enjoy your van. Are you going to Malvern MH show in August?

John[/QUOTE]
    Hi yer thanks for that John.... noe sure about Malvern... is that the rock and roll doo? If so we may well be there, nice to meet others with the same van...
    re the van we finally purchased it and really love it. Been out twice locally already. The build quality and the layout are both first class...

Even the DVLA spark and reissued my C license fairly quickly.

Thanks agian from a very happy pair of funsters John & Sylvia

16. Stagman

Stagman Funster

Nope its the country and western themed motorhome show at Malvern. Just asked as we are going and if you wanted to check out/compare the vans.

We have been very pleased with ours. The only time we have scraped the overhang was on a weighbridge. We have just done 6 weeks touring cornwall with no problems whatsoever. Glad you're enjoying your new purchase. Agree great layout and quality

John

17. J&S

J&S Funster

20160714_211156.jpg 20160714_211934.jpg Hi John think i may have finally managed to get some pics up for you to see...

• Like Like x 1
  18. Stagman

Stagman Funster

Yep its almost identical. Seat covering is different from ours and am not sure about the powerpoint (is it?) at the foot of the bed nearest the habitation door. Will have to go out and look at mine again tomorrow. All locked up and rining now. We dont have headboards in ours either.
    John

• Useful Useful x 1
  19. J&S

J&S Funster

Ok think the mains skt is a previous owners mod.
    there is also a solar panel, bike rack, reversing camara, towing hook and a Sat Nav in the dash board radio!
    what we still cant understand is how it came to have theat upholstery. Wonder if Burstner did specials?
    Anyway we are delighted with it...
    regards John

• Like Like x 1
  20. Stagman

Stagman Funster

Yep solar panel, bike rack teversing camera and sat nav in dash for us. No towing hook on ours. Sat Nav looks pretty pointless and must be out of date so we dont use it. Got a portable Falcon sat nav that I use and move from vehicle to vehicle.
    I guess perhaps they did or maybe previous owners had it reupholstered. Like your headboards!