Free Member
Mar 23, 2008
St Neots
Funster No
MH
VW Campervan
Exp
Since 2001
A few weeks ago we returned from a short trip and i unlocked the rear door of the house using the door key on my motorhome key fob, the one that controls the remote door locking and alarm. After that the key fob disappeared completely.

As we were about to go off again soon we ordered a new fob from Renault - £104 plus £40 to sync it with the van.

Less than a day after ordering the key fob my wife went to the junk drawer in the kitchen to find a twisty-tie and there in the junk box was our keys.

A few seconds later I was on the phone to Renault to cancel the order but this request was refused as the parts were on their way to them.

I cannot understand why the keys had found their way into the drawer or why we did not find them until after ordering the new one. That will forever remain a mystery

So I now have a spare remote control key fob, minus the key blade, for a 2007 Renault Master (Part No 82 00 008 231). The key blade from Renault (Part No 77 01 039 957), cut to fit a particular vehicle, cost about £10.

Any sensible offers? It's also on offer on that (in)famous web site.

If this is in the wrong forum then I apologise and ask for it to be redirected.

Last edited:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Seeing as your an exponant of Sods Law
Surley you know whats going to happen when you sell those bits

Dont you:cry:

Chani

Free Member
Mar 26, 2009
Somerset
Funster No
I cannot understand why the keys had found their way into the drawer or why we did not find them until after ordering the new one. That will forever remain a mystery

Pixies! Stuff like that happens to us on a regular basis. We just blame it on the pixies ::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Most times now I put it down to a senior moment, Stops me getting the blame totally.

Wonderful thing age.

Dave:thumb::thumb:

OP
OP
O

oldun

Free Member
Mar 23, 2008
St Neots
Funster No
MH
VW Campervan
Exp
Since 2001
Seeing as your an exponent of Sods Law
Surley you know whats going to happen when you sell those bits

Dont you:cry:

I know exactly what will happen but I already have a loft and garage full of mostly useless junk which I am keeping "in case of" some disaster or another.

There are limits to how much I should keep.

Naturally the few bits I do get rid of will be needed soon after.

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
I know exactly what will happen but I already have a loft and garage full of mostly useless junk which I am keeping "in case of" some disaster or another.

Stop drinking the whisky
Jim
:Smile:

JayDee

Free Member
Oct 7, 2007
N. Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years after 5 years with caravan.

Yeah, me too. Drives the missus mad. And of course the need turns up just after the dustman has emptied the bin. :Doh:

Pixies sounds like a reasonable explanation, but the more scientifically minded might prefer the idea of wormholes - these are 'tunnels' in space that transport the unwary instantly to a completely different part of the galaxy. There are many thousands of very tiny little ones floating around our planet and from time to time they will instantly transport some item from one point to another, sometimes just a few inches so it will get knocked onto the floor, sometimes a few or several feet to a completely different location in your home - how do you think all the dust gets under the bed of a completely closed off room? :secret:

Hope this helps ::bigsmile:

John

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
its amazing how when they normally reappear its usually right on top /in ful view, nobody could have missed it so many times . then a few days later it slips in to your brain and convinces you that you remember putting it there. we all no it was somebody else. never admit it to anybody involved , causes all sorts of trouble.

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
...Any sensible offers? It's also on offer on that (in)famous web site....
Best place to sell. You should get a buyer for it, though not at £100+ !!

99% of folk on eBay are there looking for a bargain, the other 1% are nutters paying out more for a used item than what the same thing costs brand new.

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
If I were you I'd tie it on a piece of string and put it round your neck-then you'll know where it is next time you lose the other!
Glad you found it too, cheers, Dave:thumb:

moandick

Free Member
Jul 28, 2007
Landrake, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Euro-shed
Exp
40 +
If I were you I'd tie it on a piece of string and put it round your neck-then you'll know where it is next time you lose the other!

I am renowned for mis-placing my mobile phone so Mo bought me one of those carry-bag-things to hang round my neck to keep the phone in.

Great idea - as long as you remember that it is hanging around your neck. :Sad:

Getting ready to go out this morning - couldn't find the darned telephone - and both of us forgot about the bag-thing! :Angry:

Felt really, really stupid when she rang me on her telephone - so that I could find my phone - only to hear it ring just below my chin - stupid, thing :Blush: :Blush:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back