Sod it! it looks like we will have to send the butler "James " back again (1 Viewer)

atlantisbird

Free Member
Mar 26, 2012
Near Bridlington
Funster No
MH
New Bentley C Class
Exp
since 2012 in own van
It looks like it has happened again.
Awaiting confirmation but have just had the following email and it is a good job we did not fall for the "send me £850.00 to preserve your warrantee wheeze"
Sod it it looks like we will have to send the butler "James " back again.
Any volunteers for a life in our "Bentley" cupboard I mean who is going to look after us now:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

The email.
Hi Harry & Ann, thought you might be interested to know that Vanmaster
are about to go into administration on Monday unless a buyer is forthcoming!
There are supposed to be parties interested in the Bentley side of the business
but as yet no buyer. History repeating itself and bloody good job neither of us
took up their "generous" warranty offer.
Hope you are both well. We have'nt used our van yet but are preparing it for a
trip or two next month when hopoefully it will be a bit warmer. Maybe we can
meet up some time soon (not at a Bentley MH owners gathering!)

Atlantisbird
Ann & Harry

OP
OP
atlantisbird

atlantisbird

Free Member
Mar 26, 2012
Near Bridlington
Funster No
MH
New Bentley C Class
Exp
since 2012 in own van
We bought a Bentley motorhome just before they went bust in summer 2012 they were taken over/bought out of administration by Vanmaster in September/October 2012 and they started production again and now they have gone bust again!
Bentley were started after the demise of Autocruise by the original Gordon and Richard Bentley and Autocruise was bought by Swift group who have also announced a buy out.
Can anyone show a link to the past thread?.
Brilliant van very well made and we are happy with it up to now.
The Vanmaster group which also make caravans offered to extend a warrantee for 4 years for an up front 850 quid.
Hope this puts it into a summary for you.
Atlantisbird
Ann & Harry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 29, 2011
Rugby UK
Funster No
MH
C Class RS
Exp
A pretty interesting thread and very sad for the customers who have lost out

http://www.caravantalk.co.uk/community/topic/79661-vanmaster-into-administration/

cash on delivery seems to be a good way forward with anything and a warranty may not be worth the paper its written on, perhaps the Bentley boys will buy there business back for 10 bob:helptitanic: unless thats been moved into someone else's name.

OP
OP
atlantisbird

atlantisbird

Free Member
Mar 26, 2012
Near Bridlington
Funster No
MH
New Bentley C Class
Exp
since 2012 in own van
Snap and Snap again

Thank you for the information, I along with another owner of a Bentley both aired our view that if we are lucky the Bentley father & son team will find another sugar daddy to fund them into the a new company but we were told when Vanmaster took over that they would be unlikely to have any further part of Bentley. Then shortly after dad Gordon went to work for Vanmaster to make them but it did not last very long and he left after a couple of weeks so we were informed.
Atlantisbird
Ann & Harry

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
I feel very sorry for the Bentley owners who fell for the charm of Vanmaster's offer of warranty. It was always a rip off and now it appears to be a very costly mistake to anyone who paid. Over the years I have gathered to much knowledge with age to trust ANY monies upfront. No doubt they will rear there heads again with a new company and a debt free start. Pity for all the suppliers who have not been paid. Companies don't give a s... about there loyal suppliers who have probably reduced prices to the bone just to get the business, then not get paid.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
Thank you for the information, I along with another owner of a Bentley both aired our view that if we are lucky the Bentley father & son team will find another sugar daddy to fund them into the a new company but we were told when Vanmaster took over that they would be unlikely to have any further part of Bentley. Then shortly after dad Gordon went to work for Vanmaster to make them but it did not last very long and he left after a couple of weeks so we were informed.
Atlantisbird
Ann & Harry

Thanks again for the information Harry, I still think Richard and Gordon might try to buy the company with another backer, its a pride thing when you produce a quality product and put your name and signature all over it.

Bentley are brilliant motorhomes, and it will be a great shame if the name and quality is finally going to end. It also means, again, that our Bentleys are not worth what they were when the company was in business and they were being produced and sold.

Ginny and Mike

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back