So you think you're a bargain hunter? (1 Viewer)

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Hi Guys

Looking to find the lowest price (including delivery) on Varta LFD90 batteries.

What's the lowest price in the U.K.?

Amazon has them for £105

Not looking for alternatives - only Varta LFD90 will do.

Thanks in advance

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138

WhiteCheyenneMan

Free Member
Sep 29, 2011
TN30, Nr Tenterden
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2011
I know you said ONLY Varta but when I did a search on Ebay the Hankook ones came up ... as Hankook tyres have a good reputation for quality at a good price I just wonder if their batters are the same? Bit larger capacity though.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hankook-1...238020?hash=item41bb98f5c4:g:rRoAAOSwol5Y06~8

I bought Varta (Bosch) because they are new technology and are quite different from any other batteries: http://www.aandncaravanservices.co.uk/battery-technology.php

Jan 27, 2014
mid wales
Funster No
MH
carthago chic i51.
Exp
Tanya batteries direct cheaper than
their e bay ad free nx day del
phoned my order.

OP
OP
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
If you go on Tanya website sign up to news letter you get 10/15% discount or if you look on site and click of it a discount option comes up. On 2 batteries shipping price be the same I would think so maybe a keen price can be dealt over phone. Or if your cheeky enuff organise a funster discount.

OP
OP
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Delivery appears to be £7.50 extra per item - sneaky !

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 27, 2014
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
McLouis Tandy 640+
Exp
Since 2014
That same website used to recommend the Varta Silver Dynamic, which is also powerframe, but not specifically sold as a leisure battery - it's a general vehicle battery - I suspect at the time the "LFD" leisure version didn't exist.

Anyhow, on that recommendation I bought two Silver Dynamics, and they've been fine - only in the van for 2 and a half years, but they did survive Mrs Feltwell leaving the wardrobe door open for several weeks so that the courtesy light completely flattened them. It took a week each with an "Optimate" smart charger to get them back up to full voltage, but they've been fine since - I think this would have killed a lesser battery, they were completely flat for about 2 months.

What the difference is between them and the LFD version, who knows!

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Come on Robert spill the beans, why do you need new batteries I thought you had 4 Exide Gel's less than 2 years old.
I can only assume you have been canning them with that big inverter.

OP
OP
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Come on Robert spill the beans, why do you need new batteries I thought you had 4 Exide Gel's less than 2 years old.
I can only assume you have been canning them with that big inverter.
The batteries are for the new van

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back