So far this morning........(Boasting as per usual !) (1 Viewer)

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
Made home made stuffing, garlic butter, and Vichy carrots (Can be prepared in advance and pinged !) on the hob as I type !!:thumb:

The stuffing has been inserted into a corn fed Capon weighing 6 pounds and the garlic butter smeared inside the breast skin a la James Martin !!:thumb:

All now covered in smoked bacon and trussed firmly up to prevent escape of the stuffing ! Bird placed on a bed of mirepoix and covered in foil ready for the oven this afternoon after wine O'Clock !!:Cool::Cool::Cool::Cool:

Knuckledragger did the washing up of Utensils !! What a star !:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

A very Merry Christmas and a Happy New year to you all !!!:Eeek::Eeek::Eeek:

Last edited:

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Living the dream..!!

Enjoy and have a good Christmas...

Invited out for xmas lunch, sitting back and chilling before the "assault" tomorrow of a 5 and 7 year old. !!! Hope they have a lie in..:Doh:

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Sounds like fun :thumb:

So far I have designed the basics of two websites. Walked into town to get a SATA cable. Hand washed all my thermal socks. Fixed the shower.

Think I need to go and lie down now. I can't though as I have just drank a large can of Redbull:whatthe:

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
Sounds like fun :thumb:

So far I have designed the basics of two websites. Walked into town to get a SATA cable. Hand washed all my thermal socks. Fixed the shower.

Think I need to go and lie down now. [HI] I can't though as I have just drank a large can of Redbull[/HI]:whatthe:

i did that once what a big mistake i didn't sleep until the next day :Doh::Doh::Doh:

now thats what i call planning ahead :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Last edited:

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
Made home made stuffing, garlic butter, and Vichy carrots (Can be prepared in advance and pinged !) on the hob as I type !!:thumb:

The stuffing has been inserted into a corn fed Capon weighing 6 pounds and the garlic butter smeared inside the breast skin a la James Martin !!:thumb:

All now covered in smoked bacon and trussed firmly up to prevent escape of the stuffing ! Bird placed on a bed of mirepoix and covered in foil ready for the oven this afternoon after wine O'Clock !!:Cool::Cool::Cool::Cool:

Knuckledragger did the washing up of Utensils !! What a star !:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

And a very Merry Christmas and Happy New year to you ::bigsmile:

Dinner sounds great,and we'll give our verdict when you repeat it for us in Jan :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Mike.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
This morning, even though we had done our food shopping previously, hubby dragged me to Aldi at 9.00am as he'd heard that they'd reduced all their fresh turkeys by 50% - even though we have a nice beef joint for dinner tomorrow!:Doh: Anyway, they had loads left so we got a couple (4.6kg and 4.8kg) along with 3 lamb leg joints which had also been reduced to half price too ... I might get some lamb dripping for my toast!!!!! :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Then it was back home and I got our Christmas decor out of the attic (yes we left it until now to do) and I carefully handed down the Christmas tree to hubby without dropping any baubles (we never take the decorations off, just cover it and stick it up there ... life is toooooo short to keep decorating a flaming tree each year! :Doh:). Whilst hubby sorted out the freezer (fortunately the lamb joints have all gone in :Blush:) I have decorated our lounge and halls and they look very pretty indeed, then after a quick vacuum round the rooms, I laid the table ready for tomorrow and we had a nice bowl of home made soup and a small sandwich for lunch.

Hubby is currently cooking up one of the turkeys and he'll do the other one tomorrow when he does the rest of the meal - I've got him well trained ... stick him in the kitchen with a glass of wine and a (small) whisky and he's happy!:Smile:

Oh, a nice cup of tea has just arrived ... definitely got him very well trained!!!! :roflmto:

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years

Sort of beats my Skinfull in The Red Lion & Nap.
Teddybard:winky:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
My wife has just submerged our turkey in some concoction of water, herbs, spices and other sh*t. Called brining I think.

Needs to be left overnight submerged I am told:RollEyes:

lesleyjean

Free Member
Jun 21, 2008
Funster No
MH
A class
Never heard of brining before, but just googled it and it sounds a good way to make a bland tasting turkey into a flavoursome turkey.

Me, I hate turkey,

We are having roast lamb and roast chicken for Christmas dinner

My two favorite proteins.::bigsmile:

With all the trimmings::bigsmile:

OP
OP
Stephen & Jeannie

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
Nearly bedtime !!

Just squeezed the juice from loads of Naranges to mix with Cava for brekky in the morning !!:thumb:

Just various veg to be peeled and prepared as per the menu !!:thumb:

p.s. The capon is looking good !:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Never heard of brining before, but just googled it and it sounds a good way to make a bland tasting turkey into a flavoursome turkey.

Me, I hate turkey,

We are having roast lamb and roast chicken for Christmas dinner

My two favorite proteins.::bigsmile:

With all the trimmings::bigsmile:

Nigella Lawson swears by it apparently.

I just watch her shows (avidly) to please my wife::bigsmile:

It does actually stop the turkey going dry.

We have some beef as well as we have my brother in law and he is not keen on turkey.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back