Free Member
Feb 13, 2012
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Overcab
Exp
2 years
We are shortly off to Germany and understand that we need winter tyres and snow chains.

I have ordered the tyres but does anybody have snow chains and if so do I need specific ones for the MH? A lot of the snow chain sites are confusing and I dont want to buy anything that is not fit for purpose so some help would be great.

BTW we are hoping not to have to use them but I understand that they are a legal requirement.

And yest we will try them out before the snow is 2ft deep:RollEyes::RollEyes:

spannermanwigan

Free Member
May 22, 2008
wigan, lancs
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 1973
We are shortly off to Germany and understand that we need winter tyres and snow chains.

I have ordered the tyres but does anybody have snow chains and if so do I need specific ones for the MH? A lot of the snow chain sites are confusing and I dont want to buy anything that is not fit for purpose so some help would be great.

BTW we are hoping not to have to use them but I understand that they are a legal requirement.

And yest we will try them out before the snow is 2ft deep:RollEyes::RollEyes:

Snow chains are not a legal requirement for Germany, whether or not you will require them depends more on where in Germany you are thinking of visiting and when, the following link gives full imformation.

http://www.theaa.com/motoring_advice/overseas/snow-chains-winter-tyres.html Regards
Steve:thumb:

Free Member
Dec 3, 2009
surrey
Funster No
MH
hymer A class
Exp
since 2010
thinkyou will need 16mm chains for vans and truck chains for cars are thinner.
e-bay sells them around £50

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back