Snow and blocked roads (1 Viewer)

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
I thought all you Funsters enjoying the sun in Europe or southern England may like to have a moments pity for us in the north. After severe blizzards yesterday we are blocked in and cannot even access our van. The council are trying to move the drifts which have mounted to over 3 metres. Food parcels would be greatly appreciated.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Was in Newcastle last weekend, our Boys Stag night, wonderful weather, place, people and weekend
looks like we evacuated just in time:Eeek:
Geo

golly

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 16, 2009
Land of the Prince Bishops
Funster No
MH
HYMERCAR PVC
Exp
since August 2009
Just got our electricity back on about an hour ago, went off at 7pm last night:Angry:
Good news is snow is melting fast:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Hope you get rescued soon. I spent winter 2010/11 in Scotland. Metre and a half of snow fell in hours, and the novelty of the enormous snow shovel I found in the garden shed very soon wore off.

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
We're on the coast in the south-west of Scotland, thankfully no snow, but bitterly cold:cry: There was a strong wind blowing yesterday with lots of snow flurries, but not enough to worry about, not even a dusting.

The north-east of England and the higher hilly regions of England seem to be the worst:Angry:

Bed socks "still" required though:Blush:

Margaret

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I must learn not to gloat...I must learn not to gloat...I must learn not to gloat...I must learn not to gloat...I must learn not to gloat...I must learn not to gloat...I must learn not to gloat...I must learn not to gloat...I must learn not to gloat...I must learn not to gloat...I must learn not to gloat...I must learn not to gloat...I must learn not to gloat...I must learn not to gloat...I must learn not to gloat...I must learn not to gloat...I must learn not to gloat...

JJ :Cool:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back