Free Member
Aug 3, 2008
Richhill
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Started August 2008
Hi, I made a few comments in reply to another thread and asked for some advice - didn't get any!
so will ask again.
Heading in next couple of days from Birkenhead to Dover - leaving Birkenhead at 7pm, for Dover around 4am. == Will want/need to stp somewhere for a wee snooze for about an hour, probably before we approach the M25 or just on it. Are there service areas that should be avoided? and any that are highly recommended as being suitable to park up at without any problems or over zealous attentants?
Regards Weejohn
:RollEyes:

Dawn

Free Member
Dec 7, 2007
Merseyside.
Funster No
MH
Hightop.
Exp
17yrs.
Hi Weejohn,

We've never had a problem on any services on the M25 :thumb: I think South Mimms is the 1st services you'll hit on the M25 if your coming down the M1.
If your only staying max 2hrs you won't have to pay ::bigsmile:

Good Luck & have a safe journey!

Apr 29, 2009
West Yorkshire...Halifax
Funster No
MH
Vanless....BUT....!!!!
Exp
Since 2007
So if your coming from Birkenhead I presume you'll be going
M6:thumb:
M1:thumb:
M25:thumb:
etc..if so I would say go that way and have a break at South Mimms ...bearing in mind if you leave at @7pm by the time you get to South Mimms it will be around 11pm so it could be full up on the parking area:Sad:...or even try a stop at M1 junction 9 at the truck stop you may be able to squeeze in with the big boys!!:Doh:
As an ex truck driver there are a lot of places if you PM me I could give you a few ideas.:winky:..happy trails mate:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
weejohnw

weejohnw

Free Member
Aug 3, 2008
Richhill
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Started August 2008
Snoozing

Hi Folks, thanks for the ideas, will look them up and check time on Tom Tom. Thought we would pull in around this time/location for a wee break before heading for que for the ferry at Dover-need to be there for about 4am Just wanted to check that there were places I should avoid in a mh
Thank you again, Weejohn

OP
OP
weejohnw

weejohnw

Free Member
Aug 3, 2008
Richhill
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Started August 2008
air gun

Hi Mondo, meant to say I enjoy a wee shoot too. Have 22 rifle and also gas powered (same as the wife) 22 pellet rifle. Out in the country here so usually knocking off rats, rabbits and crows. Weejohn

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back