Snooper ventura s5000 motorhome sat nav. (1 Viewer)

Road Burner

Free Member
Apr 24, 2008
NORFOLK
Funster No
MH
Coach Built low
Exp
SINCE 2008
Any one had any probs with the electric cable conection for these. Mine wont fit the lighter socket or the electric 12v socket on my 2010 Ducato. Conection is broken when the vehicle hits a bump in the road, so the unit keeps asking me to recharge the battery. emailed Snooper who say their conector fits all vehicles.

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Any one had any probs with the electric cable conection for these. Mine wont fit the lighter socket or the electric 12v socket on my 2010 Ducato. Conection is broken when the vehicle hits a bump in the road, so the unit keeps asking me to recharge the battery. emailed Snooper who say their conector fits all vehicles.

Hi
Cant say I have had that prob, my Garmin does a bit of that, but more worrying is from time to time my Snooper shows on the screen that I am 5 miles or so further back than I actually am, I have sent them 2 e.mails no reply so will phone them soon to try and sort out. Pete :Angry::Angry:

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010

To be honest the cigar lighter type plug on my Garmin doesn't fit that well in the socket on my 2010 Boxer cab, it occasionally disconnects itself on a bumpy road. Is it the plug, or the socket (that is probably common to both boxer and Ducatto)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
I was getting the same problem, especially with the slightly larger 12v accesory socket. Solved it by putting a small rubber band on the plug of a 2 way adaptor, just above the spring clips. that stopped it jumping out on bumpy roads and gave me the extra socket for a 2nd phone charger. It just takes a little more effort pushing in and the rubber gives more friction to hold it tight.

just wish they had fitted the same as in my car, where a half turn after pushing in locks the plug in place

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back