Snooper Ventura Bargain (1 Viewer)

Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
Are you pleased with this system? We have a basic TomTom and are thinking of getting as new sat nav system as it's going to cost £80 to upgrade maps! The idea of a 7" screen sounds attractive as does the ability to add a reversing camera as ours has just broken!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
MrJinks

MrJinks

Free Member
Sep 1, 2008
Dorchester, Dorset
Funster No
MH
C Class RV
Exp
6 years
Are you pleased with this system?

So far, yes. Although I have only tested it locally. On a deliberate test it has routed us away from narrow country lanes that TomTom didn't.

As mentioned in another recent post...my only complaint is that you cannot download POIs so I will keep my old TomTom just to use for these.

oldun

Free Member
Mar 23, 2008
St Neots
Funster No
MH
VW Campervan
Exp
Since 2001
Anybody thinking of buying a Snooper S7000 Ventura look here

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/i.html?_nkw=snooper+s7000+ventura&_sacat=0&_odkw=snooper+s7000&_osacat=0&bkBtn=&_trksid=p3286.m270.l1313

Looks a real Bargain. I bought mine 4 days ago cost £419 :cry::cry::cry:

At first this looked a good GPS but when I found out that you cannot navigate to GPS coords nor can you add your own POIs I decided it was not for me.

Hopefully the software will be updated soon to allow these essential functions

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I use 2 sat navs. A snooper to keep me off the little roads and a TomTom to find the sites etc. It seems a bit mad but I find it gives the best of all worlds.:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Free Member
Dec 3, 2009
surrey
Funster No
MH
hymer A class
Exp
since 2010
snooper satnav

bought one six months ago just tested it extensively in europe,
and find it did not live up to expectation, the most annoying thing is that it only takes Lon/Lat co-ordinates so unless you know how to convert different systems You cannot use its Gps navigation, Another short coming of my 6 months old unit is that the mapping data is not that comprehensive and cannot find a lot of smaller towns and addresses in France and had directed me through D roads while N road were more stright forward and quicker.
I also find it difficult to use (not user friendly) compare to the Garmin unit I had. Personal POI had to be saved as favourates but there is not enough space to label the names (another annoying problem) and once saved You cannot look up the co-ordinates so cannot share co-ordinates eg, give it to a friend.
All things considered I will not recommend buying one for what it cost.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back