Snooper Ventura 8500 (Motorhome & Caravan)Update of Software & Maps

Discussion in 'GPS Navigation' started by DrRogerRam, Nov 26, 2014.

1. DrRogerRam

DrRogerRam Funster

Hi, thought I'd just post the good news re the above.

Bought the kit a couple of years ago & yesterday checked for updates since we are currently fulltiming in UK prior to house hunting in France in January 2015.

Update software is only available through a Windows System that luckily I can run on my Mac through the Parallels software. So updated the software & phoned Snooper tech support who told me there was a maps update that would take a long time to download & was over 3 gig in size.

However, since I have lifetime map updates he would post me a dvd with the map updates for free to our campsite.

Just thought I'd say how good Snooper tech support were.

• Like Like x 2
  2. mentaliss

mentaliss

Pleased to hear you had good service from Performance Products ? ( Snooper)
    however in our experience (we have the same model) , 8500 all singing and dancing, most expensive model out there!!! cost over £425.00 plus purchase of the lifetime maps £105.00 ( missed the free upgrade buy one month) £500 + is a lot of money for a Sat Nav that in my opinion ( three Snoopers, two Garmin's over seven years) is no better than anything else out there costing £250-300....we are now assessing Microsofts Autoroute with the GPS module + Samsung 10.1 tab...Sorry, not wishing to dampen your joy but my wife and I experience's with our Snooper confirmed that we will never purchase another Sat Nav costing silly money

• Like Like x 1
  3. hchris

hchris Funster

Hamilton Direct selling the Ventura Pro Sound DB8500 for £399 with lifetime map updates I'm tempted what do you think.
    I have Snooper Ventura 2500 which needs updating.

4. DrRogerRam

DrRogerRam Funster

If you'll use all the gadgets it's worth it. However, we never have so maybe a bit of a waste of cash.

5. Khizzie

Khizzie Funster

Brilliant bit of kit,never let me down,you only get what you pay for and in my personal opinion my best buy for my travels.:wasntme:

• Like Like x 1