Snooper S6450 CC Ventura Pro

Discussion in 'GPS Navigation' started by dedwards, Jan 29, 2012.

1. dedwards

dedwards

Morning all

Has anyone got the Ventura Pro £399 which is in the Caravan Club Mag. is it any good, and is this a good price

many thanks

Di

2. icantremember

icantremember Funster

Nobody will have this particular model yet as it is not available for delivery until February 3rd.

3. motorhomelover

motorhomelover

I got the snooper 7000s at the Lincoln show in 2009 £399.00
    it works well as a sat nav keeps away from narrow roads and low bridges
    you put in the size of motorhome and the weight it does the rest
    the DVT works well in most places but can be hit miss
    great when it works

its a bit big for taking with you if you want to use it when out n about walking

4. Phill D

Phill D

I got the S5000pro excellent :thumb:..

had a S900 lite, :Doh: problem with volume levels ( not loud enough - comon fault on the model ):Angry: ( gps ariel problem ) :Angry: sent it back got refund all within 3 weeks. was told it was a low end system... what for £299...:Angry:

bear in mind the CC & c &cc sites are on all the motorhome models not just the special edition.:Smile:

5. WhiteCheyenneMan

WhiteCheyenneMan Funster

Has anyone tried the S5450 (based on the S5000) or S6450 (based on the S6000) satnav yet? Any good?
    If not, does anyone have comments on the Ventura S5000 or S6000 from Snooper?
    I have 23hrs to make a decision if I want to have one in time for the weekend :Eeek:

"bear in mind the CC & c &cc sites are on all the motorhome models not just the special edition." Is that absolutely definite Phill?

6. Phill D

Phill D

All sites are on the Ventura models and the special editions. on the CC edition there is a seperate icon for CC sites on the Ventura it is in "user POI" the sub devided into all the different types of sites.

i would not buy from " Snooper Direct" who are not Snooper but a snooper dealer ( very misleading ) thier customer service after sales is not wonderful. Snooper themselve who are Performance products are really helpfull.

watch when you register your new unit on line you get automatically taken to subscribe to the speed camera updates ( ok if thats what you want ) but be aware this should be at least disabled in France. hope that helps.:thumb:

7. Phill D

Phill D

PS i was told by "performance products " Technical department )( the real Snooper UK ) that the S5000 model is the latest and is basicallly an S7000 with a smaller screen and cant play DVD's.

8. WhiteCheyenneMan

WhiteCheyenneMan Funster

Germany too I believe.
    Thanks Phill!

9. TheDogMan

TheDogMan Funster

I got the S7000 Ventura from Snooper direct this week, its was £419 including delivery which was the cheapest I could find, very easy to set up and has everything on it.

Not going far this weekend but will try it then, I spent weeks looking at the other camper ones before I decided so I hope I have made the right decision, also the first time out since I had the underslung LPG tank fitted so I hope the heating works OK !!! :Cool:

Dave