Snipe v2 in place of Camos dome (1 Viewer)

FJmike

Free Member
Jul 17, 2014
Swindon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
over ten years
Our Camos dome is starting to show its age and so was looking at replacing with a Snipe v2. My question is will the Snipe base plate fit on top of the Camos base plate?. I Sikaflexed the dome base plate so can't see that coming off in a hurry so was wondering would it still stick down metal to metal?

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
Camps domes don't usually mount on a metal baseplate, they generally use four plastic feet. What problems are you having with your dome?

D.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
FJmike

FJmike

Free Member
Jul 17, 2014
Swindon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
over ten years
Camps domes don't usually mount on a metal baseplate, they generally use four plastic feet. What problems are you having with your dome?

D.
Although I put the dome on myself I couldn't remember how the dome was fixed, so thanks Dave for the reminder. I think my Camos dome is getting past its best, it struggles to find satellites and takes ages to lock on. This along with the dome activating the height sensor on French autoroutes, maybe it's time for it to go.

Gorse Hill

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp
Our Camos dome is starting to show its age and so was looking at replacing with a Snipe v2. My question is will the Snipe base plate fit on top of the Camos base plate?. I Sikaflexed the dome base plate so can't see that coming off in a hurry so was wondering would it still stick down metal to metal?
If you want I can take a picture of the snipe 2 base plate if it will help, just bought one and about to install it
Sika 252 with suitable activator/primer should be ok, but confirm first to make sure

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
This is my current dilemma, although I've already got the Snipe 2 unit from our previous van. Do I persevere with the dome until there is a tangible reason to replace it or just bite the bullet?

Gorse Hill

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp
IMG_6145.JPG
@FJmike

350mm x 500mm

Bart

Free Member
Jun 4, 2016
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Boxer L4H2 van build
Exp
Since 2016
You could try removing the base plate using a cheese wire to cut the Sifaflex

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back