snipe Selfsat v2 (1 Viewer)

Oct 7, 2015
newark
Funster No
MH
Swift escape 624
Exp
Having made the mistake of buying a italian auto dish that has packed up twice due to poor plastic gears I have given up on it and am thinking about the snipe selfsat v2 with metal gearing , has anyone got one and what is your opinion of them thanks.

Sep 22, 2013
Halifax
Funster No
MH
Relay self-build
Exp
Trainee MH owner
Pleased with my Snipe 2 which I installed on the roof of our PVC. If you search on "Snipe" you will find several threads with other members feedback and experiences.

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Having made the mistake of buying a italian auto dish that has packed up twice due to poor plastic gears I have given up on it and am thinking about the snipe selfsat v2 with metal gearing , has anyone got one and what is your opinion of them thanks.
Alan mine is brilliant, bought it from Germany direct for @£ 500 been playing with it for ages . Kid in sweetshop come to mind ...if you have not splashed out by time we meet again I will let you have a play .lol Roy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Have a look around model engineering sites. A lot of standard gears are available in plastic, steel, and brass. Depends on what yours are but you may get lucky. Or let me buy your dead dish instead :cautious::whistle:.

OP
OP
Lofty1
Oct 7, 2015
newark
Funster No
MH
Swift escape 624
Exp
Have a look around model engineering sites. A lot of standard gears are available in plastic, steel, and brass. Depends on what yours are but you may get lucky. Or let me buy your dead dish instead :cautious::whistle:.
I don't think the gears have stripped just jumped a notch but you are welcome to buy it £100 let me know and I will strip it out

OP
OP
Lofty1
Oct 7, 2015
newark
Funster No
MH
Swift escape 624
Exp
Charge him loads Alan he's loaded .
I have had it to bits three times reset the gears and it would work for a week or two will be glad to be rid of it climbing on the roof just about did for me, I have ordered the snipe ,better work or Babs says she will come gunning for you lol

Kevan

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 18, 2014
Kent and south west France
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
30 years caravan/motorhome
I have had it to bits three times reset the gears and it would work for a week or two will be glad to be rid of it climbing on the roof just about did for me, I have ordered the snipe ,better work or Babs says she will come gunning for you lol
What make is the dish.

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Looking forward to Babs with her guns haha

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
I have just ordered one of these from an eBay seller with a good reputation and guess what?

The courier has lost all track of it. Apparently the tracking labels can 'fall off' expensive items when it suits certain thieving little gits who work for large couriers.

Anyway, the seller (to their credit) are sending a no quibble replacement asap and are putting in a claim with the courier. I will not be out of pocket.

So, if any of you spot a brand new boxed Avtex Snipe 2 Selfsat going for a song online, listed by a one-off seller who's maybe a bit brief on detail and doesn't normally appear to handle such items, you might want to treat it with suspicion - it could have been half-inched from a courier depot in the Midlands.

OP
OP
Lofty1
Oct 7, 2015
newark
Funster No
MH
Swift escape 624
Exp
I have just ordered one of these from an eBay seller with a good reputation and guess what?

The courier has lost all track of it. Apparently the tracking labels can 'fall off' expensive items when it suits certain thieving little gits who work for large couriers.

Anyway, the seller (to their credit) are sending a no quibble replacement asap and are putting in a claim with the courier. I will not be out of pocket.

So, if any of you spot a brand new boxed Avtex Snipe 2 Selfsat going for a song online, listed by a one-off seller who's maybe a bit brief on detail and doesn't normally appear to handle such items, you might want to treat it with suspicion - it could have been half-inched from a courier depot in the Midlands.
Strange that yesterday a fabrics firm in market harborough had one on amazon for (new )£420 looked today no longer on !!!

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002

Pppsst . Got an snipe type thing fer sale if yer interested onli £500 bargin mate. Call at travellers site ..and ask fer Mick. Lol

Kool Kroozer

Free Member
Apr 19, 2014
Cannock Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hobby Premium
Exp
Always learning
Got the snipe v2 off ebay for £550 directly from germany, took 3 days to get on my doorstep, works straight out the box, only had it about 6 weeks but really pleased with it so far.. Really easy to fit and set up.

Kevan

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 18, 2014
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
SMA International sat tv
Whoops i have got one in the garage have not fitted yet just got satellite tv written on the dish, only bought it to replace my Maxview auto vu dome to get me under 3 meters, got a thing called a beep box?

OP
OP
Lofty1
Oct 7, 2015
newark
Funster No
MH
Swift escape 624
Exp
Whoops i have got one in the garage have not fitted yet just got satellite tv written on the dish, only bought it to replace my Maxview auto vu dome to get me under 3 meters, got a thing called a beep box?
Yes thats the one, plastic gears and you need a pre programed sat box to get it to find a satellite not impressed with them plus having to run 3 cables through the roof wish you luck or sell on flea bay while still new and buy a snipe

Kevan

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 18, 2014
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Yes thats the one, plastic gears and you need a pre programed sat box to get it to find a satellite not impressed with them plus having to run 3 cables through the roof wish you luck or sell on flea bay while still new and buy a snipe
just bought Teleco flatsat, got sat systems coming out of my ears now, 3 now(n)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lofty1
Oct 7, 2015
newark
Funster No
MH
Swift escape 624
Exp
Update, sprayed the dish works with switch cleaner now it works ok but don't care it's replacement is on it's way. will remove it next week

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back