Free Member
Nov 13, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
10 years
hi Guys just wondering if anyone can help? I have just bought a 2014 Autotrail Tracker FB with the above system fitted and find it troublesome to work without the manual? The run down I got from the salesman was brief to say the least as they didn't fit the satellite system and weren't very sure how it worked either? I know it searches for the satellite (Astra 2) by itself then the flashing green light on the hand held controller slows down but sometimes it won't lock or give a solid green light? You get to watch tv for around ten minutes then you have to go through the process of researching? Can anyone help and give advice on how it should work?

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
We have a Snipe 2 but haven't had the issue you describe (watching for 10 mins and then having to search again). Presumably you do have clear line of sight to the satellite, in fairly good weather conditions, when attempting to acquire a lock? Perhaps it needs a software update? Some random Snipe related manuals attached in case they come in handy.

Attachments

• 107890_snipe_um.pdf
    3.7 MB · Views: 78
  • 0141317R13-manuel-SNIPE2-EN.pdf
    3.2 MB · Views: 37
  • SNIPE_series_upgrade_manual.pdf
    891.3 KB · Views: 44
OP
OP
D

Dubport

Free Member
Nov 13, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
10 years
I thought about an update but don't have the lead that goes to USB? Can you buy one?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
We have the Snipe and on the very odd occasion it wont find Astra 2, my fix is select Astra 1 which it finds within seconds then select 2 and always finds it.
The other thing is make sure you dont have anything blocking the line to the Satellite, when I fitted mine i then tried to find the sat and no joy until I worked out the house was blocking the signal so drove the van forward and hey presto

OP
OP
D

Dubport

Free Member
Nov 13, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
10 years
Ok I will try the Astra one trick? When I put it on. Then select satellite, then press ok, the green light starts flashing vigorously, then slows down but doesn't lock then all the green lights on every satellite starts flashing? What does that mean?

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I thought about an update but don't have the lead that goes to USB? Can you buy one?
The update program & drivers only works in Win XP, also it only updates the satellite frequencies.
There is a reset procedure:
Turn on & make sure the dish is in the home position.
Push both green buttons until home light flashes.
Select User 3 & press blue button until user 3 light flashes slowly.
Turn off, turn back on & fingers crossed.

Failing that when it locks on turn the power off, doesn't need to be on for a signal to pass through.

Last edited:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
If Lenny's suggestion doesn't work I still have the instruction book so could send you a copy or answer questions on here

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
the fact you get tv for 10 minutes says its working. are you switching the power off after it locks on as you should

Oct 17, 2013
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact
Exp
Since 2013
We have had trouble with ours in the past, on our third one in as many years. Now we turn it on, let it find the signal, then switch it off. Still receives signal and doesn't switch itself off. When you are ready to up sticks, just turn it back on, ours usually shuts itself straight off.

We won't be swapping it to our new van, or buying another so will be looking at other options for TV,

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Mine has just started playing up, finds a signal then decides to carry on searching so had to resort to switching it off.
I will still risk a Snipe 2 on the new van a it is the third of the cost of an Oyster and we found it more usable than the Oyster as it can be used in high winds.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back