Sneaky French Copper (1 Viewer)

?

Deleted User
I do have a first aid kit - but not because the French say I have to.(y)

I know a lass from Kassel in Germany who has a Tampax hanging from the rear view mirror. She says its for emergency's. Now that is taking it to the extreme:LOL:

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Been driving for the last thirty years in around and though France with out any.
Problem's from the French police
Must be very lucky
Bill

Movinon

Free Member
Feb 1, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Lots
Do you dump your cassette at the roadside
Do you get out and pee on the kerb
Do you race down the road whatever your load
Finding speed limits absurd

Do you gleely ignore local laws
Whatever the country may be
If that is the case then I say to your face
Thanks for taking the heat off of me

For the cops cannot be in all places
Not many will work for the pay
While they're off chasing you they're not chasing me too
And I quietly can go on my way

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
You need one for every person in the vehicle. Anyone who has to get out without one is your responsibility. Even if you as the driver are wearing one , you'll be fined for every passenger without one + any dogs.

At Dunkirk last year & French customs or whatever wanted to look in the toilet as usual : Opened hab door for the girl & she checked the toilet the lad with her asked my nationality
" English "
" You have no GB sticker which is an offence - You must have a sticker when you come to France "
" I haven't come to France I am leaving & The vehicle is Spanish "
"What ? "
Now I am not known for having patience of any description:Dbut he seemed a nice enough lad so I gave him the benefit of the doubt.
" The vehicle is Spanish , can you not see the TWO Spanish "E's" ?
He got their in the end but only after the girl squared him up.

Then after apologising he asked why I drove a Spanish vehicle.o_O I left the girl to do the explaining . To think I used to deal with stuff like this every day.:cry:& people wonder why I've no patience :LOL:

Yup - somewhere between 50 and 55 on the motorways.

Much slower on the other roads. (y):D

Trouble with that is you need eyes in the back of your head all the time as the artics, mainly , are climbing all over you on the N roads & smaller roads.[/QUOTE]

I always pull over and let them get by.

SandT

Free Member
Oct 15, 2012
Malta
Funster No
MH
Safari Trek
Exp
I would just say that all the items ( hi viz vest, triangle etc) had been stolen the night before when I was GASSED !!

:Grin:

Terry

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Do the French not also have a law saying you must help out or stop for an accident? You cant drive past and sad silly fuc**r or whatever that is in French. Think i would fail again on that law. Might be best i just drive round France come September. :D
Don't know about France but definitely the law here.
" Failing to assist " is the offence. I always ask even if the GC are there because if you don't they can just send a fine on.
Trouble with that is you need eyes in the back of your head all the time as the artics, mainly , are climbing all over you on the N roads & smaller roads.

I always pull over and let them get by.[/QUOTE]

So do I but sometimes on the smaller roads & with the amount of traffic it can take a while.

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
I would just say that all the items ( hi viz vest, triangle etc) had been stolen the night before when I was GASSED !!

:Grin:

Terry

What would you say to the driver that ploughs into you because they didn't see you standing at the side of the road as you were exiting your broken down vehicle? And what about the one that didn't have a warning that your vehicle was stopped in the carriageway around a bend in the road?

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
What a pitty the rest of Europe cant be a little more British.
Bloody Foreigners:)

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
Not bragging or anything :whistle: but we've just got home after leaving in February (UK only) with an average fuel consumption, according to the van's computer, in excess of 30 mpg. That's what we aim for and we're dead chuffed to get it :)
That's brilliant if that's what wanting to get. Have you done a manual check also by filling up, driving and doing a little maths?

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
I've decided that because there are such morons posting on this thread and even those with intelligence and experience cannot help them, I'm ignoring this from now on. I cannot honestly believe that your prepared to spend money on a motorhome (probably stolen because paying for it would be complying with the law) , paying to join a motorhome forum, possibly paying for diesel, might even have a licence (careful, that's complying again) , maybe insurance and mot ( come come) and your not prepared to comply with the laws of a country you're in? Most laws in France are very similar to our laws with a few notable exceptions but hopefully you'll get caught and then you'll comply, not because of the fines imposed (lots are on the spot) but they'll not let you continue your journey without complying with their laws.
Do whatever you want because at least ones a geezer (whatever that's supposed to mean) and bring yourself into disrepute and not the vast amount of motorhomers that comply and then you can call the police.
That is my last comment on this otherwise useful thread.

Last edited:

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
That's brilliant if that's what wanting to get. Have you done a manual check also by filling up, driving and doing a little maths?
Nah ..... not obsessed with it, but as the van tells us anyway, it's nice to check. Knowing that there's a bit of leeway. Just a bit of Fun (y)

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I've decided that because there are such morons posting on this thread and even those with intelligence and experience cannot help them, I'm ignoring this from now on. I cannot honestly believe that your prepared to spend money on a motorhome (probably stolen because paying for it would be complying with the law) , paying to join a motorhome forum, possibly paying for diesel, might even have a licence (careful, that's complying again) , maybe insurance and mot ( come come) and your not prepared to comply with the laws of a country you're in? Most laws in France are very similar to our laws with a few notable exceptions but hopefully you'll get caught and then you'll comply, not because of the fines imposed (lots are on the spot) but they'll not let you continue your journey without complying with their laws.
Do whatever you want because at least ones a geezer (whatever that's supposed to mean) and bring yourself into disrepute and not the vast amount of motorhomers that comply and then you can call the police.
That is my last comment on this otherwise useful thread.

Chill out man

Edit - are you pissed or something?

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
I wonder who he means? I hope it's me, nobody's called me a moron yet this week and I was starting to worry I was slipping.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I wonder who he means? I hope it's me, nobody's called me a moron yet this week and I was starting to worry I was slipping.

Some people take themselves so seriously don't they?

Good to see a few of us don't.

A.Geezer

roamingman

Banned
Mar 14, 2014
Angus
Funster No
MH
Coach build
Exp
2012, tents, caravan. 1990
You want to see the "speed gun ninjas" in Morocco.
They will hide in between the Armco barriers in the centre reservation of the motorway and just pop up to fir the gun and catch you. Or hide behind the pillars of a bridge. Then radio his comrades who will be waiting at the next toll booth.
They will also choose locations such as outside the speed limit area to catch people speeding up as they approach the speed delimit sign. Or hidden in bushes or trees.
Sneaky so and so's, but if you stick to the speed limits they won't be a problem.
Stay in the sand of piste never see them out there.

roamingman

Banned
Mar 14, 2014
Angus
Funster No
MH
Coach build
Exp
2012, tents, caravan. 1990
If you put fake number plates on as soon as you get to France they won't know where to send the fine to (y)
Not sure if it still works but when I was a HGV driver maybe 35 years ago, driveing over Europe, learnt from the Dutch spay hair lacquer on your plates camera just gets a blank photo.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back