Smudger and Wildman on Tour... (1 Viewer)

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Hoorah! I can...

I let the Monster overtake so I can take this piccy... I would like to point out that there were no other vehicles in sight at this time...

JJ

I'd have hooked up to the back of the TOAD......It does wonders for your fuel consumption.....:RollEyes:

By The Way.....Why WERE there no others on the road......It wasn't still under construction was it?:Eeek:

B++++++Sat Nav's:RollEyes:

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I am delighted to report that the "chores" in Smudger's Monster have been done.

Chatter trained me last night in Chat and after monouvering the RV as close as possible to the manhole and with further training from Smudge himself and with Wildman (Roger) supervising, the black and grey tanks are now empty and everything is stowed.

I have returned to the Wagon to get my breakfast...

Shame about the grey drizzle...

JJ

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
Hope you washed your hands before breakfast :Eeek::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Well done you, i hope you picked the right manhole :Blush: and washed your hands before breakie :Eeek: and you didnt need training really- you were just testing me to see if i knew how to do it. Think i threw you a bit though when i mentioned the 'tote' for times when facilities couldnt be reached by pipes. - now that can be fun.

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2007
worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Winnebago
Exp
20 years
Is the Winne on a ford chasis as l had a simular problem with the steering wires , if you havent got a new one yet l can tell you where mine came from Paul

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Is the Winne on a ford chasis as l had a simular problem with the steering wires , if you havent got a new one yet l can tell you where mine came from Paul

Thanks a lot Paul... (yet another example of the kindness and helpfulness of Funsters..)

I learnt today that the part is on its way from Lazydays via USA... we have the tracking number...

JJ

Losos

Free Member
Feb 17, 2009
Suffolk & Czechland
Funster No
MH
Looking to buyi
Exp
N/a
The Three Musketeers arrive at the Barragem at Pego do Alter despite the failure of the repaired part after only a few miles... so Smudger has no wipers!!!

Oh no, so the 'temporary repair' was just that - temporary :ROFLMAO: Never mind, if they encounter rain I expect Smudger will hand Wildman a cloth and tell him to lean out the window and wipe the windscreen like wot we had to do in the old days before these fancy things like wipers were invented :RollEyes:

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
A sunny day... hooray

Yesterday very grey and damp...

Roger and Doc got the toad off and went into town for a look see and a meal..

Stopping here one more day because now the sun is out it is really beautiful.

We all went up the hill to a brilliant little restaurant for lunch.

JJ

Attachments

• Where have they gone.jpg
    Where have they gone.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 64
  • They are back with the car.jpg
    They are back with the car.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 63
  • Roger contemplates.jpg
    Roger contemplates.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 63
  • Wagon at Pego do Altar.jpg
    Wagon at Pego do Altar.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 63

lazydays

Free Member
May 9, 2009
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
March 2009
These photo's will be priceless soon!!! ::bigsmile:

The Wildman himself will be reminiscing, they were the days when I had hair on my head!!!:ROFLMAO:

Good to see that your all having a good time and enjoying yourselves:thumb:

Losos

Free Member
Feb 17, 2009
Suffolk & Czechland
Funster No
MH
Looking to buyi
Exp
N/a
A pictorial update before I take Roger on a night drive to Faro airport...JJ

Good to see everyone enjoying themselves having finally got the monster to it's destination, what a saga, as mentioned above some of these pictures will change hands for oodles of cash in the future :ROFLMAO:

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
Have Immigration been warned that the "Wildman" is coming :ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
The trip, which has been fraught with minor difficulties, continues to be slightly problematical. Last night in the bar (only there for the wi-fi, honestly) we apparently failed to purchase a ticket online. One credit card was not working, this was wrong, that was wrong and so we gave up...

We decided to go to the airport (220kms) today in convoy and buy a ticket for tomorrow's flight in person.

I check my emails just now and Easyjet are delighted to confirm our booking from last night!!!! Last check-in is in ten minutes... and yes.... it was my card that the money was taken from for a flight we can't get...

Never mind... at least I have some beans with my breakfast...

JJ

PS. It is raining again...

Attachments

• Beans with brekky.jpg
    Beans with brekky.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:

Losos

Free Member
Feb 17, 2009
Suffolk & Czechland
Funster No
MH
Looking to buyi
Exp
N/a
we apparently failed to purchase a ticket online. One credit card was not working, this was wrong, that was wrong and so we gave up...

To tell the truth I've decided to reduce my 'on line' purchases from now on, there seems to be an ever increasing risk of what can only be called 'supplier errors' that end up with the customer paying (In both money and frustration)

Like the breakfast 'tho JJ that's exactly what I like for breakkie 'tho I'm only allowed it on special occassions :RollEyes:

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
One (minor) problem solved and other (minor) problems take its place...

Pouring rain all the way down to Faro, a trip which had to be managed by Doc without the aid of wipers...

At Faro airport a complete star of Portway Services (who manage Easyjet's business at the airport) sorts out the ticket confusion and she gets a ticket for Roger without charging anymore!!! (minor) Problem solved.

We arrive at the new(ish) big campsite at Conceicao next to Cabanas after a wayward roadside railing jumped out and ripped off the rear panel of the Monster. Roger bodges it back into place using his belt. Boy scout or what? New problem.

They have a space and eventually after a little trouble, including the owner ripping out a sign post which was in the way, the Monster is in position... The electric is two pole so Smudger won't connect until he is certain of polarity. His tester leaves us uncertain so it will be on with the generator later... luckily he is well away from the other campers... the site is packed... small problem... without EHU Doc can't do his washing (his machine only works on EHU) so another (minor) problem (which we thought would be solved by booking into the site...)

I leave them in the small campsite cafe and set off to my favourite place (nearly crash into a car at a cross roads) to find a pile of pipes preventing me staying there.(insignificant problem)

They have food in their tummies and are back in the Monster. We can communicate via walkie talkie. Smudger doesn't like the site and I think will want to go back to the wild camp at Pedro do Altar.

I have other non tour related stuff to deal with now and then (BIG PROBLEM) have to pick Roger up at 8.30 am to take him to the airport. I don't normally "do" mornings...

If only the sun would come back like it did on Wednesday... I have never known it to be so wet and cold in the Algarve ever...

JJ

PS I suspect Doc will want to get the panel fixed tomorrow but City are playing in the FA Cup... I bet I miss it....

Attachments

• Monster squeezing into campsite.jpg
    Monster squeezing into campsite.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 56
  • Site owner pulls out a sign to make room.jpg
    Site owner pulls out a sign to make room.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 56
  • Smudger and Wildman waiting for food....jpg
    Smudger and Wildman waiting for food....jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 64

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
Sorry to hear of your troubles - hope you all get sorted out :Smile:

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
I see it was computor corner behind roger and smudger in the cafe, wonder if roger told them about the big fun family - MHFun :thumb:

Losos

Free Member
Feb 17, 2009
Suffolk & Czechland
Funster No
MH
Looking to buyi
Exp
N/a
If only the sun would come back like it did on Wednesday... I have never known it to be so wet and cold in the Algarve ever...

Thanks for the update JJ - As to the weather, I can only say that the whole of Europe seems to be suffering in one way or another, at least you don't have snow, here (In the Eastern bit) we've had the most snow that I can remember since we arrived back in 2004 and while on another forum earlier there was a guy from Wales saying the same as you. It seems that a lot of cold air is comming from the Mongolian mountains where the cattle are dying in the thousands and temperatures of minus 55 C have been recorded :Eeek: now that really is cold.

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
hi all at 5.30pm I arrived home just in time for dinner, thank you all for you comments, had I had the correct glasses and a suitable connection they would have been avidly read daily. I join the ranks of those seeking daily news of Batman and robin, hee hee
where will they go next, watch this space.

Kon tiki

Free Member
Oct 11, 2007
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
20+
That was a quick trip. Takes us a few weeks to get into the camping lifestyle. Hoping to spend a couple of months in Portugal this time.

6 days to go.......

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Well done Roger... glad you are back safely...

On the way to the airport (very early) this morning Roger came up with a brilliant solution to the electrical problem... brilliant in it's simplicity...

When I got back to Smudger I connected the mains to the Monster KNOWING the polarity was correct using this idea and all services, including the washing machine are operating and are on EHU.

We went out in Doc's Toad and I showed Doc some of the local wild camping places and I think he might move onto to one tomorrow (weather dependent)

I need sleep...

JJ

PS. Who is Batman and who is Robin, Roger?

Onderweg

Funster
Jul 17, 2008
Vlissingen, Holland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
As of April 2008
Glad to hear you arrived home safely Roger.

And JJ.... you should know who can be referred to as "bad man" :ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back