Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Maybe this is buttons idea of a 'room'?

Link Removed

4hvyo2.jpg

This is what meets the regulations. Note the open plan and comfortable seating. :RollEyes:

no it isnt mate......illegal to smoke in a bus shelter, even one like that. :Angry:

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Smoke rooms ???? if only ... if there is one at your local it's illegal. and alcohol .. . is that not also a crutch or dummy ? ohh silly me, I forgot, people drink alcohol to be sociable not for the effect .. :Doh:
Alcohol is only antisocial if you keep spilling it on fellow drinkers. Most pubs have areas for smokers, not furnished with expensive carpets or chairs but we have already discussed the damage smoke does.
Yes Jim people do drink and smoke that is not the argument.
The effect on non-smokers and non-drinkers is the debate. Forget about Spain when it becomes law then like here people will not smoke in pubs and restraints. Simples:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Alcohol is only antisocial if you keep spilling it on fellow drinkers. Most pubs have areas for smokers, not furnished with expensive carpets or chairs but we have already discussed the damage smoke does.
The effect on non-smokers and non-drinkers is the debate. Forget about Spain when it becomes law then like here people will not smoke in pubs and restraints. Simples:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Oh yes they will !!!!!:roflmto:
it will be ignored just like in france. :thumb:

S

sinbad1

Deleted User

:Doh::Doh::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
Alcohol is only antisocial if you keep spilling it on fellow drinkers.....
Only???

Are you really sure thats all? :whatthe:

You forgot to mention the anti social habit drunks have of using their car to kill.

You forgot to mention the anti social habit drunks have of beating innocent people up.

You forgot to mention the anti social habit drunks have of emptying their guts on the pavements.

You forgot to mention the anti social habit drunks have of being violent within the family home.

I can't ever recall nicotine being responsible for any of the above.

S

sinbad1

Deleted User
Only???

You forgot to mention the anti social habit drunks have of using their car to kill.

You forgot to mention the anti social habit drunks have of beating innocent people up.

You forgot to mention the anti social habit drunks have of emptying their guts on the pavements.

You forgot to mention the anti social habit drunks have of being violent within the family home.

you forgot urinating::bigsmile:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
IMO astronomical business rates on the pubs and the tax on alcohol coupled with cheap supermarket booze are probably responsible for more pubs closing than the smoking ban. I went to the pub just as much as a smoker than I did as a non.

IMO Banning Smoking in public places stands out as the one good thing to come from this government. I hated smoky environments, even when I was a major contributor:Blush:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
. Most pubs have areas for smokers, not furnished with expensive carpets or chairs

yes indeed..

outside in the beer garden with grass for a carpet and (if your lucky) an umbrella.. very civilised I must say .. :RollEyes:

and most city pubs cannot do this .. and do we really want people on the pavement smoking and drinking illegally.

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
Personally i've always found the BOSIPP quite odd really....particularly when it comes to Pubs.

The super fresh open air anti-smokers crave so much is outside the building....but they remain inside breathing refrigerated air through a tin can with a fan.

It's back to front.

The anti-smokers need to be outside in that lovely fresh air with the smokers safely on the inside.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
PJ......please read the link first. :RollEyes:

Link Removed

i did read the link and what the picture shows is plainly a bus shelter..NOT a smoking shelter.
its next to a bus stop on the public highway.

its still illegal to smoke in a public bus shelter (unless, ofcourse, is a local by-law instigated by our town gestapo)

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Only???

You have lost me in transit bullet. What do alcopops and alcohol abuse have to do with smoking in Spanish pubs?

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
yes indeed.. outside in the beer garden with grass for a carpet and (if your lucky) an umbrella.. very civilised I must say .. :RollEyes: and most city pubs cannot do this .. and do we really want people on the pavement smoking and drinking illegally.

Glad you brought that one up Jim, I think we need an amendment in the law. During the summer months smokers should be restricted from outside tables and sun umbrellas. The area is like sitting in an ashtray:rain:

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
You have lost me in transit bullet. What do alcopops and alcohol abuse have to do with smoking in Spanish pubs?
I know it's Christmas but you really do need to give the booze a rest buttons. As there is no mention of alcopops until now from yourself, I cannot answer this particular query. :Wacko:

Give your head chance to clear and you will find your way again sometime soon. :Smile:

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
i did read the link and what the picture shows is plainly a bus shelter..NOT a smoking shelter. its next to a bus stop on the public highway.
Yes it's a shelter and the photo just happens to show it by a bus stop sign. It's purely an example PJ. All batty brits know it's illegal to smoke standing under or within the direct confines of a shelter by a bus stop....you have to walk six inches forward of the structure exhaling smoke in a down wind direction only.

Scroll down the page to the heading 'Make sure its Legal' and you will read the following;

To comply with these Regulations the smoking shelter must not be wholly enclosed, or substantially enclosed. In practice this means your smoking shelter must not have sides, including doors, windows or other fittings that can be opened or shut, that enclose more than 50% of the shelter.

In other words.....what amounts to little more than a style of bus shelter.

Scunny-Arfie

Free Member
Sep 21, 2008
Scunthorpe
Funster No
The No Smoking ban has been law in Spain for a few years now and i have seen bars,restaraunts and hotels allow smoking. Why cant the owners or landlords choose what is the best option for thier business, Smoking or Non Smoking.
If they choose Smoking then the public have the option to go that pub or go elsewhere,but i get the feeling the "Non Smoking Brigade"are worried that All/Most pubs will revert to Smoking due to finacial sense.

Spain or Britain, let the landlords choose not the do gooders.

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
The No Smoking ban has been law in Spain for a few years now and i have seen bars,restaraunts and hotels allow smoking.

Why cant the owners or landlords choose what is the best option for thier business......
Because we live under a dictatorial regime of control freaks who don't 'approve'.

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Because we live under a dictatorial regime of control freaks who don't 'approve'.

Not so bullet, we live in a dictatorial regime of ambulance chasers just waiting to be smoked on, this is why you had better accept it, it aint going away.:ROFLMAO:

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
I have two pubs within a short walking distance of my house, both of which I frequently visited for a pint and a smoke.

I don't remember the last time I went into a pub in the UK for a drink. Why ?, Because I cant have a smoke and I absolutely will not stand outside in any weather just to suit the fanatical anti smoking brigade.

As for Spain its an absolute delight to sit and have a beer and a fag albeit that because of the weather its normally outside.

Most bars and cafés in Spain have stickers on the windows to inform the public that smoking is allowed on the premises.

The Spanish have it right and its about time this country tried to get it right as well.

Jim
:Smile:

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
its about time this country tried to get it right as well.
Jim
:Smile:

I think that we have it right jim, we could always mirror some states in the US and ban it in all public places too. Now that is a good idea.:thumb:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I think that we have it right jim, we could always mirror some states in the US and ban it in all public places too. Now that is a good idea.:thumb:

I think you need to lay off the alco-pops for a few days .. :roflmto:

May 22, 2008
Funster No
We frequent a pub at Cadnam in Hampshire, it has a carvery for £3-50 and is excellent value, the drinks are reasonably priced and the pub is ALWAYS busy, it's SMOKE FREE and very pleasant, I don't think the smoking ban has affected pubs I believe it's the GREEDY BREWERS who try to rip us off that has caused the demise of pubs, people vote with their feet these days. people who want to smoke and pollute the air others need to breath belong outside in the little tents provided for them these days as they are unacceptable inside in my opinion.I have to smile when out and about when I see smokers standing around outside their places of work having their drug fix, I would not employ smokers and if I was forced to I would make them clock off when they go for a smoke, why should I pay them for wasting my time ?:Smile::Smile:

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
.....we could always mirror some states in the US and ban it in all public places too.
We already have. What do you think BOSIPP is all about....or have you been asleep? :RollEyes:

Batty Britain has a habit of 'mirroring' whatever the the US does....or tells us to do. Before long they will be calling this island the 51st state.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back