Smev hob small burners

Discussion in 'Tech/Mech General' started by robpam47, Jul 15, 2016.

1. robpam47

robpam47 Funster

Hi I hope this is the place to ask about my Smev hob small burner its one of 3 burners 2 larger burners that are working OK the smaller one is getting gas but it does not get full flame could the jet be blocked do you have to take the plate off the top of the burner ( held on by 2 screws) they look a bit rusty anyone had the same problem ( using propane) thanks for any help.Robert.

2. teensvan99

teensvan99 Funster

Jet sounds partly blocked. Remove 2 plate screws and remove along with alloy burner. You should see the brass jet shaped like a nut. Unscrew this and clear it. Dont use a metal pin unless it is smaller than jet size as making jet size bigger will let to much gas through. You can soak it in very hot water should clean any grease out blow through with compressed air.

3. rangitira

rangitira Funster

I've just discovered a problem where I can't turn one of the knobs at all, also got another where the hob light,.s but even after 1 minute as soon as you release the knob the hob goes out, any ideas?

4. funflair

funflair Funster Life Member

If the flame goes out when you release the knob it will be the flame failure thermocouple, you might find the end is burnt away.

Martin

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. teensvan99

teensvan99 Funster

As one of the nobs is not moving make sure it is pushed all the way in. Try WD 40 on the shaft after pulling the nob off. Push nob back on and try to move it back and forth lots of times with gentle movements and more WD40. It cou,d take 10 mins to free up. Dont snap brass shaft.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. robpam47

robpam47 Funster

Hi I had to drill the heads off the screws then it came apart OK managed to take old screws out cleaned jet in hot water and blow out OK now just going to get new screws and put it all back together thanks for all your help ( Best forum on tinternet) Robert.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. tonyidle

tonyidle Funster

Use Copaslip on the new screws just in case you need to remove them in future.