Free Member
Nov 8, 2016
Ash Vale
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Hi folks,

OK, so my first request for help during the rebuild.

I'm ripping apart my motorhome in order to fix the disastrous amount of damp. I've got the back end stripped down (see blog: Mclouis Tandy Plus 433 - motorhome damp repair) and now I'm working my way forwards to find the extent of the damage.

I've got the wardrobe cupboard out, but now I'm on the unit that contains the Fridge/Freezer with Smev grill above.

Looking at the walls and how the damp is progressing, I'm hoping that I can get away without having to remove the Fridge. However, it's definitely damp behind the grill and I need to take this out. I just don't know how........

I've undone all the screws I can find, but it won't budge. I can find general installation instructions online, but nothing specific enough to tell me how to remove it. I'm guessing there is a gas pipe connection somewhere which is holding it solid. Happy to disconnect the gas pipe, and then get a professional to refit once I've completed the rebuild, but don't know where/how to get at the connection to release it.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Steve

Fletton

Free Member
Oct 19, 2014
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky I Plus 650LG
Exp
First MoHo - April 2015
Not an expert... But .... If the grill is sighted above the fridge... Can access be gained to gas supply via the external vents?...

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Not an expert... But .... If the grill is sighted above the fridge... Can access be gained to gas supply via the external vents?...
It's normally behind the upper vent. Once you have it disconnected you'll find that it takes a lot of force to shift the fridge. It's normally held in with 4 screws - once they're out it takes a good push from the rear through the upper vent to get it to move. Then watch out for aluminium screwed to the rear as a draught seal.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 10, 2012
cambridge
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
since2001
Hi Steve
My Smeb grill had the gas pipe at the rear of the grill, as you look at the oven on the rear left

I had to go upwards from underneath with a spanner

They use steel pipes so there will be no give in the pipes. There might be a 12v wire as well

Well done with been so positive(y)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
May be a daft question but are you sure it's a separate grill and not integrated with the fridge freezer, ie a "Tech Tower"?

OP
OP
Stevewe

Stevewe

Free Member
Nov 8, 2016
Ash Vale
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Hi folks,
Thanks for all the advice. Once I took the vent off, all I could see was the back of the cupboard, and a large amount of sealant. However, once I'd dug through that the connection was clear, and the grill was soon out (see blog for piccies: here)
So now just about stripped back as far as I need to on the nearside, and got a few questions about the refit, but I'll save those for a new thread.
Cheers,
Steve

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

leslie banwel

Free Member
Jul 19, 2021
Funster No
MH
banwell7
how do l get the grill out of smev oven in a brustner 747-2 2004 can anyone help

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back