SMEV 7223 Gas Hob electric ignition connections (1 Viewer)

merovingian

Free Member
Apr 18, 2010
Mons Belgium
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 584
Exp
Noob
No spark coming from the italquartz spark generator so bought a new one, fitted and reconnected it as I found it, still won't work it's sparking but the current cannot get to the burners.
Hunted everywhere online but can't find a diagram showing how it should be connected.
Sent photos to the Italquarz guy in Italy and he says each burner should be connected individually to the spark generator, but there are no visible spade connectors so logically it can't be that neither were there cables to connect it!
Can any of you bright sparks provide a link to a schematic or cast some light please, I have emailed Dometic Smev but how long will that take I wonder

Attachments

• smev 008.jpg
    smev 008.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 144
  • smev 011.jpg
    smev 011.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 132

BwB

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 3, 2011
Suffolk UK
Funster No
MH
Resting b'twix vans
Exp
Since 1990
Looks like you're missing the bit that goes in the hole next to each of your gas rings. Should be something which looks like a blunt metal needle with a cable which plugs into the circuit board.

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
What BwB said, the little holes to the left of the burners should have the "spark plugs" fitted in them. Have the ignitors ever worked ? The thin cables going from the control valves to the burners are the thermocouples which shut the gas off if the flame blows out.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
as above you are missing the spark electrodes and the leads which join them to the ignigter the leads are generic and can be got in a pack of three from any parts center the electrodes will be specific to that hob although youll find they probably will fit a lot of other stuff try getting a part number

OP
OP
merovingian

merovingian

Free Member
Apr 18, 2010
Mons Belgium
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 584
Exp
Noob
Well thanks guys, yes i'm missing the electrodes, of course I thought the thermocouples were it lol!
Obviously the first owner of my Hymer b528 removed them, they are around €14 each, having now wasted €42 on a new spark generator spose i'm compelled to get them now

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
They may never have been fitted from new
terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
BBQ gas lighter would be a lot cheaper, we have a Smev cooker and it doesn't have a built in ignitor.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back