Free Member
Feb 26, 2013
Kent
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
1 year
So the Wife and I were sitting in the aire at Canterbury New Dover Road Park and Ride enjoying a glass of wine in the sun on Saturday evening. When we saw a car towing a caravan come through the barrier, sometimes the tuggers put their caravan in a motorhome space and leave it there whilst putting the car in the normal car park, buggers.

However this was clearly not the plan of the incoming German car and caravan combo, he headed straight towards the normal car park, at which point the wife said to me "surely he is not going to try and get under the barrier with that" (the barrier made of timber about 8"X4").

That was excatly what he was going to do, he made it about 1/4 of the way when the Satalite dish was ripped clean off after which the roof light was torn off, at this point he stopped. The wooden barrier had broken free from one side and was embedded in his roof at this point.

The driver got out and a crowd on motorhome peeps soon appeared. He decided to have a look on the roof, he stood on the grab handle of the van which is used to pull it around got half way up then the handle broke leaving him on the floor in a heap. I must say he kept his cool very well. At this point his wife got out and shouted to everyone in English "he was driving not me".

Anyway he had reached the point of no return and got back in the car and carried on driving, this ripped the barrier clean down. Then he went off and parked in the car park. About an hour later what appeared to be a friend of the driver truned up towing another caravan, he went straight though the newly removed height restriction and parked up for the night.

They were gone in the morning when I woke up, there are cameras right at the barrier so I assume there may be some consequences.

On a good note watching this event made me feel not such an idiot for reversing into high branches on a tree recently, every cloud eh!!!!

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
Vorsprung durch Technik - roughly "Advancement through technology"

Advance through barrier NOT..................

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
There should have been a sticker on all four corners, near to the grab handles. It's compulsory in Germany.

Achtung! Mist auf Chinesisch Griffe Stehen Sie nicht!(y)(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back