Free Member
Oct 21, 2008
Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3 years
Well I've gone and done it. I've traded my motorhome and Smart car for a caravan & tow car. I hope that doesn't mean that I have to cancel my membership of Motorhomefun as I've really enjoyed reading your posts and have learned so much which will be transferrable as I become a "tugger".

All I need to do now is to sell the Brian James Micro-Max Smart Car Trailer so that I can get my new tow car in the garage.

I've placed an Ad on here should anyone be interested in buying the trailer?

Brian

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
No need to cancel your membership:thumb:

well do that for you:Doh::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

As has always been said on here minimum qualifications for joining
you must have somone in your family that has at least a freind who knows someone that owns a sleeping bag:Cool:
Stay with us have fun and enjoy your new found status as a Tugger
Geo

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Hi

Hope all goes well with your tugging, we did it for many years and enjoyed it

Best of luck.

Dave:thumb::thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
at least you are smart enough to realise you are not smart anymore, hee hee:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: have fun, no more waving for you then.

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
ah perhaps theres a new web site coming?

tuggerfun.co.uk:ROFLMAO:

It could include all those tips on weight balancing and how to fill a rollie bollie.:thumb:

gunerdoo

Free Member
Oct 16, 2009
Funster No
MH
ROMAHOME
Have fun especially with the Hooking Up in a wet field :ROFLMAO:

Only Kidding Enjoy it !

ONE LIFE LIVE IT.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Benwick Rambler

Benwick Rambler

Free Member
Oct 21, 2008
Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3 years
Thanks to everyone for their humour and good wishes as I embark on life as a “Tugger”. Hooking up isn’t something that worries me after all this is something that I’ve done all the while with my motorhome. I won’t be joining the ranks of the caravanners who seem to take forever setting up an awning fitted out with every domestic appliance that they would have at home. For me it will be corner steadies down, sat dish set up and that’s it. Somewhere to eat & sleep before heading for the hills to pursue my passion for upland walking. Sadly, all to often the motorhome wasn’t compatible with hill walking and generally too difficult to find somewhere to park in the remoter parts of the countryside.

Brian :Smile:

lebesset

Free Member
May 31, 2009
Funster No
well , I am still both except I don't ever come to the uk in my 4WD and double axle caravan due to the pathetic facilities and regulations , joining the caravanners and motorhomers on camp sites isn't for me
elsewhere I can just stop and get into the caravan , don't even need to put the steadies down ; if I want to use the car I just lift the caravan off the tow hook , unplug the electrics and off I go ..when I come back , just back under the A frame , lower onto the ball and plug in ; 2 minutes each operation ; I carry a couple of 2 level planks to pull the van onto if the ground is not level side to side [ fore and aft you just lower the nose wheel and wind ], I'm always having a gin and tonic while the motorhomers are fiddling about , levelling up and getting things out of cupboards as I well know to my cost

and when I leave , no fastidiously packing everything away to keep the rattles down to a roar , just drive away ...and I can go pretty well anywhere in my 40ft outfit that I can in my 20ft motorhome [ because it bends in the middle ]

often wondered what the noise level is like in the caravan as we travel !

at the end of the day it's personal choice ...like my wife retreating into the caravan bedroom and closing the door if I'm watching sport on the satellite

I admit if I go somewhere just overnight I use the motorhome , perhaps in the uk I would use the caravan if friends and family had the parking space for it , but they don't

perhaps my favourite outfit was my american motorhome , but that was in n.america , but too restricting in europe ...perhaps for full timers who stay a while somewhere ,but even then I would prefer a small motorhome and a caravan

JayDee

Free Member
Oct 7, 2007
N. Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years after 5 years with caravan.
Well I've gone and done it. I've traded my motorhome and Smart car for a caravan & tow car. I hope that doesn't mean that I have to cancel my membership of Motorhomefun as I've really enjoyed reading your posts and have learned so much which will be transferrable as I become a "tugger".

All I need to do now is to sell the Brian James Micro-Max Smart Car Trailer so that I can get my new tow car in the garage.

I've placed an Ad on here should anyone be interested in buying the trailer?

Brian

I think you should stay a member. It'll give us somebody to talk about "You know that Brian chap? Poor bloke's lost it completely. He's only gone and sold his motorhome and bought a caravan. Just goes to show - can happen to anybody - such a nice bloke as well - it's his kids I feel sorry for - etc."

:roflmto:

Don't mind us - enjoy your life (in whatever obscure and eccentric way you see fit :ROFLMAO:)

John

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back