Rockingdodge

Free Member
Nov 6, 2009
Ross on Wye
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I've just bought a Smart Cabrio to trail behind my MH. this means I will now have 3 vehicles insured to me. the problem I've got is that while my Renault car and Swift have mirrored NC discount applied I can't get that on the Smart other than AXA who wanted £260+!!! The best quote I've got so far is £163 for introductory with protected NCD.
Anyone got ideas on this?

siesta

Free Member
Jan 21, 2010
lincolnshire coast
Funster No
MH
A CLASS
Exp
Check that your toad is insured when bring towed also check that you have recovery , a frame or trailer?one company that covers my smart is comfort insurance but is £100 more than you haVE been quoted

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Just renewed M'home insurance and Smart toad with Comfort. I told them I was surprised that the Smart was more expensive to insure than the Motorhome (which is 5 years newer and 20+ times the value).:whatthe:
They told me motorhome insurance is cheap because they rarely have accidents. They also gave £10 off the premium for having a reversing camera.:thumb:
I insure both with the same company as they at least understand what towing is, and that way there's no blaming another company if anything happens while they're coupled.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

gazz

Formerly "gazznhelz"
Mar 16, 2010
Eastwood, Notts
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
apparantly there are 4 or 5 insurers that cover you whilst it is on tow, and for the modifcations involved (front cross member changed for a non oem part, brakes, lights etc all modified)

loads of people recomended nfu, but when i quizzed them at my local office, and they wouldent provide me with any proof in writing about the level of cover provided.

comfort ticked all the boxes, but were 100 quid more, but a 9 grand car that's not covered when on tow is nowt compared to the extra premium.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back