Smart Car and A Frame For Sale on eBay (1 Viewer)

bigfish

Free Member
May 20, 2009
Eastleigh, Hants
Funster No
Exp
8 years, but had caravans & Tents before that
IMPORTANT NOTICE
I meant to list my Smart car under 2 different categories (1 under the motorhome accessories category and the other under the Automotive Smart Car category) but somehow (don't ask me how) it has ended up being listed twice and each listing ends at a different time. Please be aware that I only have the 1 Smart car for sale, so please make sure you are not bidding on or watching the same car that has been mistakingly listed by me twice.

Hi

Just read your ad, sort of interested, but have to convince wife. Anyway i see from the part above, you are twice listed.

Dont know if you are aware but you can take listings of for valid reasons. I would remove the other as you have posted the link to ebay on here and wouldnt want to change that.

Any search for Smart car,will take buyers to any ads.

Anyway just a thought, good luck.

Bigfish :thumb:

This link should take you to right page.

Link Removed

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Congratulations on the addition to your family and commiserations on the impending loss of the Smart, it looks a great set up, hope you get what you're looking for on it.

I seem to remember when I placed a motor on ebay (it didn't sell so I traded it in for our Starspirit) there should be an option to delete your extra entry, I assume you didn't pay twice? :whatthe:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Skeggysue

Skeggysue

Free Member
Sep 26, 2007
Skegness, Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic XL
Exp
Since 2004
Hi there,

Thank you for your advice it is much appreciated. I have now managed to get the other listing removed so at least I won't have 2 separate listings being bid on at thd same time!

Thanks again.

Sue

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Question.. I cannot see any dash pods for the clock and rev counter in the pictures..
Are they missing or are they there ?
Reason for asking ? I am a bit of a saddo when it comes to Smarties... Had several, am a meber of all the smarty groups., spent a fortune tuning the little sods, and sold the last one I had 5 months ago..
Am once again getting the urge !!

Having a draw bar fitted next Monday and the choice willl be either a Smarty ( must be a Pash ! ) or another bike yet :Eeek: !

I have a spare set of numerics, a very rare set of AA yellow ( got from Germany ) and a set of really naff stream green somewhere :Smile: So can have a different car every month LOL !!

OP
OP
Skeggysue

Skeggysue

Free Member
Sep 26, 2007
Skegness, Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic XL
Exp
Since 2004
Question.. I cannot see any dash pods for the clock and rev counter in the pictures..
Are they missing or are they there ?
Reason for asking ? I am a bit of a saddo when it comes to Smarties... Had several, am a meber of all the smarty groups., spent a fortune tuning the little sods, and sold the last one I had 5 months ago..
Am once again getting the urge !!

Having a draw bar fitted next Monday and the choice willl be either a Smarty ( must be a Pash ! ) or another bike yet :Eeek: !
I have a spare set of numerics, a very rare set of AA yellow ( got from Germany ) and a set of really naff stream green somewhere :Smile: So can have a different car every month LOL !!

Hiya,

Sorry but our model doesn't come fitted with them I'm afraid. I think some models come fitted with them as standard and others as optional extras! We do have heated black leather seats though and had professionally installed a Sony 6 disc CD Auto Changer so it's still a funky little car! Well we think so and as much as we are looking forward to driving around in the Smart ForFour, there's no way on earth it's ever going to be as much fun as our beloved little Smart ForTwo has been! :cry:

Sue

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Cheers for the info ::bigsmile:

Will take a pass though as it seems to have been more than a little bit been modified !!
( all 04 Passions had the pods and all had cloth seats.. Only the Pure had the pods as an option but yours has a Pash' tridion so lord knows whats what !

Please do not mis-understand.. Bet it is a little cracker and at 19k has done no work, so someone will get a good car.. just prefer to get 'em before they have been changed as I like to do that myself ! LOL !!

OP
OP
Skeggysue

Skeggysue

Free Member
Sep 26, 2007
Skegness, Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic XL
Exp
Since 2004
Cheers for the info ::bigsmile:

Will take a pass though as it seems to have been more than a little bit been modified !!
( all 04 Passions had the pods and all had cloth seats.. Only the Pure had the pods as an option but yours has a Pash' tridion so lord knows whats what !

Please do not mis-understand.. Bet it is a little cracker and at 19k has done no work, so someone will get a good car.. just prefer to get 'em before they have been changed as I like to do that myself ! LOL !!

I think you may find you are incorrect Jaws as the registration document clearly describes it is a Smart Passion City 61 Coupe. We have carried out NO modifications whatsoever and it is exactly as it came to us! The only thing we have added is the Sony CD Auto Changer which can easily be removed if the buyer prefers just to have the basic factory fitted radio cassette player.

I know you didn't mean any offence by your remarks and I am sure you believed what you wrote to be accurate but like I say you are clearly mistaken and unfortunately, what you wrote could give entirely the wrong impression to a prospective buyer and lead them to believe we are selling some kind of Frankenstein styled Smart car! Therefore, as I am sure you can appreciate, I just had to respond to your post and reassure any interested parties that our Smart Passion has definitely NOT been modified in any way shape or form! This is a genuine and totally unmodified Smart City 61 Passion Coupe being sold by a trustworthy and reliable couple.

Sue

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
The universe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
It's actually a Smart 451, my 02 is a 450 and has the Almond shape headlights. Your has the Peanut shape. As you say, the pods were not fitted to some models. However, Passions had A/C and Auto/Manual transmission fitted as standard and can be identified by the Silver Tridion - thats the frame around the doors. For everything you want to know about Smarts look at Evilution

OP
OP
Skeggysue

Skeggysue

Free Member
Sep 26, 2007
Skegness, Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic XL
Exp
Since 2004
Thanks for your kind response 656 and I feel better now that you have clarified what I said in my last post. And yes you are quite right in what you say and my hubby has just come home from work and confirmed that it is indeed a 451 (facelift to its predecessor.) :thumb:

I must confess I was worried that anyone looking at my eBay listing link and who may possibly be interested in making a bid on our Smart Passion; might think after reading Jaws post, that perhaps we were not being entirely truthful in our description and obviously, being an honest couple who only wanted to sell their Smart car, I understandably, felt somewhat concerned. :whatthe:

Thanks again - you are a star! :Smile:

Sue

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
So .. seeing as I have been taken to task................

You now say it is a 451 ( not actually produced until 07 and has a 999 Mitzi engine ) ?? Neat trick !
I think, with all due respect, I would do a little research afore saying owt :Smile:
The car in question is a 61

I may not be the brightest person in the world but after being involved with the Smart Car scene since 2002 and being employed by two tuning houses ( one in Germany and one in the UK ) to develop various products, I do know the marque reasonably well

Having said that.................................
Just dug out all the original docs for the 2004 and yes.. I was wrong in that the pods were indeed an option but not in the normal way..

The only cars not fitted with the pods were specifically ordered with them missing... not tother way round :Smile:

656, you car is a 600cc and was the first one to be available in right hand drive..
Probably one of the best Smarts ever made ( apart from cracking issues on the exhaust manifold )

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
It's actually a Smart 451, my 02 is a 450 and has the Almond shape headlights. Your has the Peanut shape. As you say, the pods were not fitted to some models. However, Passions had A/C and Auto/Manual transmission fitted as standard and can be identified by the Silver Tridion - thats the frame around the doors. For everything you want to know about Smarts look at Evilution

The Passions are neat...

I loved my Smart...

Just fit a Turbo dump valve and it gives better response as the back pressure is not stalling the turbo and gives that great Hisssssssss.:Cool:

Would love another as a tuning project....One Day.

Steve.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
The Passions are neat...

I loved my Smart...

Just fit a Turbo dump valve and it gives better response as the back pressure is not stalling the turbo and gives that great Hisssssssss.:Cool:

Would love another as a tuning project....One Day.

Steve.

oh yes :) Better still fit a Tsunami turbo an 92kW TIC pipe, and Piper induction kit and then a dump valve

Sounds like a set of air brakes going off !

If you Do ever get another gimme a shout.. No idea if I still have the bits but somewhere lurking there is a mark 7 Brabus cam, Philips injector rail pressure regulator with matching injectors, an SW Tuning induction kit, and a few other odds and sods..
You would be most welcome to anything I have left lurking :Smile:

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
oh yes :) Better still fit a Tsunami turbo an 92kW TIC pipe, and Piper induction kit and then a dump valve

Sounds like a set of air brakes going off !

If you Do ever get another gimme a shout.. No idea if I still have the bits but somewhere lurking there is a mark 7 Brabus cam, Philips injector rail pressure regulator with matching injectors, an SW Tuning induction kit, and a few other odds and sods..
You would be most welcome to anything I have left lurking :Smile:

A true enthusiast....

Aaaaah Brabus....You ARE talking. I DID fit the TIK pipe as that is a major source of intake restriction.

And the paddle shift.:Cool:

Steve.

I love to tune/play with small motors.....Must come from the bike racing days.

Link Removed

This is neat but nowhere near enough fun for tunability....Will pitches be provided with EHU's in the future for charging them?

Last edited:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Ummm.. not so sure but I guess it could well be the future ,,

Can you imagine doing the Brighton run or the M25 Smarty Tube bun fight in them ?? Not really the same !

OP
OP
Skeggysue

Skeggysue

Free Member
Sep 26, 2007
Skegness, Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic XL
Exp
Since 2004
Right this is getting a bit too much now and I feel quite uncomfortable by your constant insinuations Jaws!

Let's get things right:

We are selling our 2004 Smart Passion City Coupe 61. Yes it is DEFINITELY a Smart Passion City Coupe 61 cos it says so on the registration document! It is totally UNMODIFIED and comes with the heated leather seats upgrade. It is a low mileage car, only 19,237 miles. It enjoys air con and a semi automatic gear box and is fitted with special edition numerical blue panels. It does NOT include any dashboard pods and these were NOT fitted to the vehicle when we purchased the car 5 years ago from our local Smart dealers.

Unlike yourself Jaws; we are NOT Smart car experts, so when member 656 remarked it was a 451 model, that made sense to us, especially as we knew our Passion was described as being the new facelift model to its predecessor when it was originally launched onto the market. If this is incorrect as you say, then I am happy to hold up my
hands and stand corrected but to be fair, we have not described it as a 451 in our eBay listing. The only time a 451 has been mentioned on this forum, is after another member told us that was what our model was called, so thankfully, there's no real harm done!

We are a decent and genuine couple who run our own business and who pride ourselves on our honesty at all times! We are simply just attempting to sell our fabulous and beloved Smart car, complete with an A Frame and my only reason for posting a link to our eBay auction on this forum was to highlight my listing to any potential customers who may be looking for a set up to tow behind their own motorhome! I didn't expect to have my integrity questioned when I simply posted a link to my eBay listing on this forum!

Therefore, in conclusion may I please ask you to kindly refrain from posting any further insinuating remarks as I take them very personally and find them extremely offensive. An apology would be appreciated as I truly feel you have overstepped the mark here and behaved quite unfairly towards me!

I wish you a good day.

Sue

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
The universe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
When member 656 remarked it was a 451 model, that made sense to us, especially as we knew our Passion was described as being the new facelift model to its predecessor when it was originally launched onto the market. We have not described it as a 451 in our eBay listing. The only time a 451 has been mentioned on this forum, is after 656 told us that was what our model was called, so thankfully, there's no real harm done!

Sue

Sue

Just ignore these "So Called Experts" a little knowledge is a dangerous thing!!! I have a Smart, an 02 which is a 450 Passion with A/C and Auto. Passions are the top spec and are always fitted with A/C and Auto - called Soft Tip and have a button normally on the gear knob so you can select Manual / Auto. Perhaps Jaws would like to contest that fact. At the end of the day, your Smart is a straight SE Passion and worth every penny of what you are asking. If I had not already had my car, I would certainly give your Smart a look and from the pics would probably make an offer for it. I looked at hundreds before I bought ours.

OP
OP
Skeggysue

Skeggysue

Free Member
Sep 26, 2007
Skegness, Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic XL
Exp
Since 2004
Thank you Dave! I appreciate your reassurance greatly!

Regards.

Sue x

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
No one is saying it is not a good buy ( in fact I said in the first post it WOULD be a darned good buy for someone.. However, someone giving false information as you are 656, can cause problems and misunderstandings.

Sue, at no time have I put the car down.. In fact think about it, By my input I have kept this thread at the top of the pile and increased the coverage of it for you !

Further, I did not suggest YOU Sue, had made a mistake, but was pointing out to 656 his error

656 further demonstrated his lack of knowledge about the Smart car by saying the Passion is the top of the pile, completely ignoring the Brabus !

Further, and specifically to 656, I take considerable umbridge at your comment 'so called experts'.
Given that I have a well documented history working in the Smart Car field, with letters of thanks etc. from various tuning houses and development groups for helping out on design and tuning matters, I would consider myself at least knowledgeable if not an expert.
I therefore take that statement as a personal insult and as such would appreciate a retraction and apology.

We all say things in the heat of the moment and I know folk find me abrasive and argumentative, but I do not stoop to personal insults ( at least not on here as Jim would slap my legs for me and no mistake ! )

IrasciBill

Free Member
Mar 6, 2010
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
Auto-Roller 500
Exp
Since 2009 (after many years camping)
Smart Car

Sue

Just ignore these "So Called Experts" a little knowledge is a dangerous thing!!! I have a Smart, an 02 which is a 450 Passion with A/C and Auto. Passions are the top spec and are always fitted with A/C and Auto - called Soft Tip and have a button normally on the gear knob so you can select Manual / Auto. Perhaps Jaws would like to contest that fact. At the end of the day, your Smart is a straight SE Passion and worth every penny of what you are asking. If I had not already had my car, I would certainly give your Smart a look and from the pics would probably make an offer for it. I looked at hundreds before I bought ours.

Sue,
If I were you, I would certainly take SOME of the above advice. i.e. "Just ignore these "So Called Experts" a little knowledge is a dangerous thing!!!"
I can't actually work out what the state of the situation is but I can assure you that your car is not a 451 - it is a "450 facelift". This is easily confirmed from the VIN ! The first 451s on the UK market were '57 plates and mine is one of these. There are many differences in the two variants but I find that the easiest way to tell them apart, other than age, is by the tail lights. Yours, the 450 facelift, has 3 lights on each side, the 451 only has 2.
However, please be re-assured that the data on your E-bay page is accurate and any so-called expert should know that! Simple things like the engine capacity - 451s have a 999cc (Mitsubishi) engine, yours is a 698cc (Mercedes) engine are a dead give away.
I don't regard myself as an expert but I don't get into arguments over details which are very easily checked out!
Hope you conclude a successful sale very soon

OP
OP
Skeggysue

Skeggysue

Free Member
Sep 26, 2007
Skegness, Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic XL
Exp
Since 2004
Hi folks,

Firstly, I certainly do not want to get into any confrontations with anyone over this but I really did have to jump to my defence on this matter as I was worried that potential or interested buyers may think we were selling some highly modified vehicle and hadn't been totally up front about it! Be fair Jaws, you did definitely indicate our car had been a liitle too modified for your liking in your early posts and in all honesty this is where all this unrest originally stemmed from! Any subsequent posts you submitted re this subject did nothing to allay my concerns and if anything, they made matters worse in my eyes!

As for you doing me some kind of favour by continually causing my thread to bump to the top and actually helping me, I truly would have preferred a more positive 'post bumping' helping hand and one that didn't quite take the direction that this one has! :whatthe:

Anyway, I don't want to fall out over this with you or anyone else, as that would be silly and as far as I'm concerned, as long as people know I have not tried to mislead anybody and they can see I'm an honest and decent person, then that's enough for me and I'm more than happy to leave it at that.

Right ..... Let's all take a deep breath, count to ten and calm down! 1 .. 2 .. 3 ... Life's too short for arguments and I think we've all had our say now and there's no point in going over it again and again! :Doh:

Sue

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Ok.. ok ::bigsmile:
In that first post I did certainly say that but I did go on to say I was wrong ( never too bigheaded or pigheaded to admit a mistake !! ) and to reiterate it would be a good buy for someone..

Happy to say once again that yes, I was indeed wrong about the pods as you could opt out of having them fitted, and your car is absolutely on the button ( and yes, it does look excellent too )

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Sue I have looked at your ebay ad do not worry anyone in the market for a smart will see its a lovely car and will not be put off having a look.I think you should have no problems selling it:thumb:

OP
OP
Skeggysue

Skeggysue

Free Member
Sep 26, 2007
Skegness, Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic XL
Exp
Since 2004
Thank you for your post Jaws I accept your apology. Glad you like our car and I know I will cry when the new owner drives her away. Innit daft how we grow attached to our motorhomes and cars and I know when our motorhome has to go back to our dealers for any work etc I miss her and cannot wait for my husband to bring her back home!

Thank you too jhorsf And Bill - you are both very kind. x

Sue

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
If we do not 'score' a bike and trailer next week, that new owner might even be me !! :thumb: :ROFLMAO:

patr

Free Member
Jul 1, 2008
Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Sue

What a pleasure to read your gracious replies.

I think your response to some rather acerbic comments shows enormous restraint and good manners.

You have enhanced this forum with your honest answers and I hope that you will not be dissuaded from posting again.

Pat

OP
OP
Skeggysue

Skeggysue

Free Member
Sep 26, 2007
Skegness, Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic XL
Exp
Since 2004
Aw Pat, what lovely post and I truly thank you for your very kind comments.

Take care.

Sue x

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Welll.. I will sadly not be the new owner Sue.
I have just commited to buy a Hydra-trail bike lift for the van so all my pennies are now gone :Sad:

OP
OP
Skeggysue

Skeggysue

Free Member
Sep 26, 2007
Skegness, Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic XL
Exp
Since 2004
Welll.. I will sadly not be the new owner Sue.
I have just commited to buy a Hydra-trail bike lift for the van so all my pennies are now gone :Sad:

Never mind - I'm sure you will be delighted with your new toy and you men are all the same when it comes to stuff like this. You're all basically still little boys at heart or as they say "bigger boys with bigger toys!" :Smile:

Have fun!

Sue

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Good lord Sue.. not basically.. more sort of absolutely !
Never met a man yet who got past 15 or so.

We all have to be right, all have to have our own way, all have to have lots of new toys to play with and all sulk if any of the above criteria is not met :Eeek::ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back