SmallCompact & comfy camping chairs? (1 Viewer)

Jul 28, 2008
Wiltshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Ducato Sportivo
Exp
Since 2005! 2000+ nights so far...
Anyone have any recommendations?

Our chairs are superb and superbyly comfortable, and each can take someone 2x our size! But they are really too bulky to take away.

So can anyone recommend any that when folded down fold down to lext to nothing but are still comfortable?

Thanks

yoshi

Free Member
Feb 22, 2010
Gloucester
Funster No
Exp
6 months
these are very comfy and fold down to a small size we got them to carry on the motorbikes
Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Anyone have any recommendations?

Our chairs are superb and superbyly comfortable, and each can take someone 2x our size! But they are really too bulky to take away.

So can anyone recommend any that when folded down fold down to lext to nothing but are still comfortable?

Thanks

This any good, takes up to 113kg

Coleman Camping Quad Chair Khaki

Peter

OP
OP
activecampers
Jul 28, 2008
Wiltshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Ducato Sportivo
Exp
Peter - Good price - but folded size of (W x D x H): 22 x 16 x 94 cm is nothing special :( - the 113kg capacity is about 40-50kg over spec'd for us :ROFLMAO: Despite the amount of chocolate I eat.

Our current chairs are 97 x 27 x 16 and the main issue is to reduce bulk

The Kelsyus one mentioned above is 13 x 18 x 69 which sounds great - just researching that now (cheers Yoshi). EDIT: I'm on about the non-relining version

Getting the biggest dimension under 60cm would be perfect :)

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
We had stools when we were doing camping/biking, they do look good for that indeed Yosh but I wouldn't really want em myself otherwise than bike because they are just too low.

We have a pair of - well they are sort of like Peters chairs but without the arms - err folding dining chairs? :roflmto: The bag has a nice wide strap on it. I don't think they are much longer than 60cm folded but you are governed by the height of the seat/length of legs really. And they came from the Gelert shop in Poertmadoc, now called summat else, but we've had em years anyway.

Otherwise we also have a pair of folding recliners, which stay at home in the winter cos you can't sit outside and they take up too much room!

Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
I'm on the lookout for something similar, since there's not a great deal of room in my van. I think I'm looking for the near-impossible - a chair made from thin wire (or similar) that'll fold down to almost nothing but by the wonders of design and technology won't collapse after you've sat on it a few times.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
OP
OP
activecampers
Jul 28, 2008
Wiltshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Ducato Sportivo
Exp
Thanks for the tips.
We went for the Kelsyus chair, but went for the singing and dancing reclinging chairs with sun canopy. The sun canopy is actually really cool (literally) and will save us buying an umbrella.

Small review of them here: http://www.doyourdream.co.uk/2010/05/excellent-small-outdoor-chairs-with-sun-canopy/

The cheapest place we found including VAT & delivey (and we looked everywhere, so if you can beat it post here and annoy me! lol!) is a small company called Bizzyhome - possibly a small home business - but really quite good to deal with (one canopy was fauly and replaced with zero hassle). http://www.bizzyhome.co.uk/catalogue/detail.asp?pid=97298&gid=829 - £38 delivered

The canopy is optional and is flat so can be hidden anywhere, and the chairs back reasonably small (about 1/2 the size of our existing chairs). They also convert to ruck sacks for easy carrying.

So thanks :)

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Asda at the moment have 2 for £10 we found them to be comfy and at that price they are a "throwaway". :Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back