Small wall (1 Viewer)

Jul 17, 2009
Funster No
Greetings, Anyone know of a good reliable body repairer in North Yorkshire ?
Just returning from two weeks in France I backed into a small wall which someone had left unatended. It had no right to be there, didn't have the appropriate safety warning notice on it and it was below my site of vision. If I didn't feel such a fool I would blame somebody else !:RollEyes:

Attachments

• Damage 2.jpg
    Damage 2.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 56
Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Still learning since 2010
Sorry, can't help, but that looks expensive. :Sad:

I can hear the sharp intake of breath now.
"Motorhome parts cost loads as they are not readily available Sir, and the labour costs will be extortionate, er, I mean, more, because of the time involved" :whatthe:

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
To do that properly, you need the rear elevation removed, the side wall repaired and then reset - not many do that level of repair - you can get away with it, it you know what you are doing.

The rear skirt can be repaired, or sourced if you do not have the remainder of the corner. The rear quarter will need filling, unless you don't mind a ripple - and repainting, and then the whole rear elevation will need realigning and resealing.

Not a cheap job, by any means. Source the replacement panel, reseal the rear and straighten/prepare the quarter and you may get away with a couple of hundred in paintwork.

Ber090

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 12, 2012
West Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick
Exp
Since 2012
Hi, Looks very similar to the damage done to a caravan we had by a rogue sawn off Spanish tree on a site. I still say it wasn't there when I passed in the car! Catterick Caravans did a super job repairing ours but it was an insurance job. Give them a ring.
Good Luck
Bernie

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Small walls says "you nuu monsieur, I may be a leeetle small, like Napoleon, but I am tougher than you rostbeeef"

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back