Small Twintub washing machine

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Marion, Aug 30, 2008.

1. Marion

Marion Deleted User

Hello Everybody from sunny Venice.

It's 28 in the van and a lot 'otter outside.

Just walked about 40 km carrying 73kg of dirty washing through te backstreets of Treviso to get to a laundrette. And it was even heavier & hotter coming back. And we had to stop off and buy some fresh Orate from the fish van who cunningly parked in our way.

Washing's hanging out to dry outside our van now, but we're prolly going to gert told off for hanging it out in public :cry:

So. what we want is one of these: Twin Tub Washing Machine from Towsure

Has anyone used one? Any good?

Or are we doomed to trudging to laundromats forever?

Many thanks

Marion

2. johnsandywhite

johnsandywhite Read Only Funster

:Cool: We have used these types for the last 10 years. Easier to store away. :-

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Jim

Jim Ringleader

Hi Marion, we have one of those, they are great, I use it a LOT. Even done beach towels this trip, wouldn't be without mine now especially with my large tribe, particularly Katie who likes to change three times a day! We love Venice:Smile:

SIAN

4. artona

artona

Hi

Hi Marion, we have one of those, they are great, I use it a LOT. Even done beach towels this trip, wouldn't be without mine now especially with my large tribe, particularly Katie who likes to change three times a day! We love Venice

SIAN

yeh, yeh, I bet Jim wrote that really :Rofl1::Rofl1:

I have only heard good things about them Marion. Are you still in sunny climates?

stew

5. American Dream

American Dream Read Only Funster

Walking through those backstreets...you see the other side if Venice with the less affluent community.

At one stage we felt quite uneasy....Very quiet....Away from the hustle-bustle of the tourists. Do love Venice though..When the square is not flooded.:BigGrin:

40 K's That's a Loooong way.

What sort of power requirement do these washers need?

6. Wildman

Wildman Read Only Funster

160W, 3amp click on the link its all there hee hee

7. Wildman

The clue was in the signature at the bottom, not Jim but Sian:Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:

8. Colin and Jaen Andrews

Colin and Jaen Andrews Read Only Funster

Twin tub magic - luv mine

Hi
    Got mine few weeks back - luuuuuv it - great fun, :thumb:takes me back to 70's when had one. Takes longer but saves walk to launderette but even better saves money.
    Find leaving washing to soak (like the oldy days!!!) helps too. Money well spent. Got mine off ebay shop - ordered about 3pm and it arrived the next morning - well impressed. Friend then went on to get one but they had sold out:Rofl1: - becoming very popular.

Go for it - you will love it:BigGrin::BigGrin::BigGrin:

Cheers
    Jaen

9. Wildman

Looks good, for years we just put the washing in a drum on the back of the van, it agitated itself whilst driving, solar heater to warm the water, worked well with a cold wash powder and cost nowt. But no good if static. The washing machine is fine if you have a hookup or at a push a Genny but will give your batteries a good bashing otherwise. Hope you have large solar panels. Couldn't washing wait till you were on a site with facilities, Smalls hand wash easy in a bowl.

10. Lindy-C

Lindy-C Deleted User

11. johnsandywhite

johnsandywhite Read Only Funster

:RollEyes: Never used Hook-up. Only EVER used Solar power and batteries. One of the advantages of having an RV. However. We have friends who have a similar set up on an Autocruise and they also never use hook-up. :Wink:

12. Jim

Jim Ringleader

No not my words, but I have used it. The spinner on it works really well.

13. Wildman

Just shove the washing in your aquaroll and hitch on the back of the motorhome, it will be done when you arrive, :rollonfloor::rollonfloor:

14. texastaffy

texastaffy Read Only Funster

Twin Tub

Hi, we also have one of these & my better half swares buy it, used it all last winter down in spain & recons it paid for itself in no time, clothes spin almost dry. Highly recomended.

15. Marion

Marion Deleted User

Thanks everyone for your positive views on this piece of kit - just need to find a place to stow it - maybe the roof.

Thanks Lindy - will bear it in mind

Yes Stew we're still in the heat - presently at the Lakes - and oh boy the sites are still heaving - we're going off today to find peace and quiet. We've got another week of tourists then they all go home.:BigGrin:

Cheers everyone

Marion

16. Jim

Jim Ringleader

Stowing it can be a problem, we kept the box it came in, I then used a roll of gaffer to armour plate the box and we keep it in the trailer. You will need a tall locker to store it upright, and need to take extra care that it is emptied if you store it on its side. Well worth the hassle though:Smile:

17. artona

artona

Hi

Which Lakes are those Marion?

stew

18. lindyloot

lindyloot Funster Life Member

Don't know what it is like but the other day I was in Maplins and they had a portable washing machine on sale for £24.99 :Rofl1: probably a load of !
    Lin

19. Road Runner

Road Runner Read Only Funster

Hi Sian

Was just going to post teasing Jim as being a Mrs Mop the saw your signature at the last minute:Doh::Wink:

Couldn't imagine him doing the washing or could I?:Wink::Laughing::Laughing: i have to:Doh::cry:

Last edited: Aug 31, 2008
  20. Marion

Marion Deleted User

Stew, we're currently on the western shore of Lake Garda. Bruce & Jana have been in swimming - it's very hot here (32 at the mo).

Jim & Sian, where are you now? Still on the road - Bruce thought you might be in Green Spain (the top coast bit)?

Regards

Marion