small oven / hob

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by robinmclaren, Sep 30, 2009.

1. robinmclaren

robinmclaren Read Only Funster

i have seen a few posts regarding no oven in small vans
    pictures attached of a small oven hob unit we purchased for our old toyota camper and was superb,mind you took me nearly a week to build the units on left side of van with oven , hot water and blown air , what a waste of time as we sold it not long after
    see no reason this could not be fitted in most small vans
    also must say have had commer camper, vw camper, freight roverhome conversion and the toyota was more practical than all these and the most comfy bed i have ever slept on , just not big enough for us

2. vwalan

vwalan Funster

hi ,yes you can get them its just people are afraid to alter the standard layout. its like a grill you just cant have one in germany the end. we are much more civil here two burners n grill makes sense.

3. Losos

Losos Read Only Funster

A nice little unit.

Could you post more details please, like make / model number, where you bought it.

I assume the oven is electric and the hob gas but I can't quite see it in the pic.

I could use something like this when I (eventually) get my MH

4. Reallyretired

Reallyretired Funster

Probably both gas. An electric oven would be a problem in a MH as many mains hookups esp on continent are quite low rated.

5. robinmclaren

robinmclaren Read Only Funster

all gas

hi
    unit was all gas and came from jacksons camping at old arley, just outside coventry
    ask for martin on spares as he is most useful and got us most of the parts to convert the toyota
    can not remember make or model ??

6. nicklb

nicklb Read Only Funster

I would not have a van without a full oven, grill and at least three rings, really enjoy cooking, but I can understand why people do not alter their vans as one persons idea of perfection can be someone elses total eye sore and this could vastly affect the resale value!

7. vwalan

vwalan Funster

hi ,i meant in a small camper like a vw or toyota .germans hardly ever had grills. most early british conversions used 2 burners n grill. can remember fitting baby bellings into early vw,s . i always managed with pressure cooker. although i did try a sort of fold up oven in the 70,s didnt find it very good. i have a full house cooker now lovely.

8. Losos

Losos Read Only Funster

Thanks, just put the site on my favs. didn't see the mini oven you had on their web pages but will ring them when I'm ready to order.