Small gas barbecue?

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by steveclecy, Mar 18, 2010.

1. steveclecy

steveclecy Read Only Funster

Anyone any knowledge of a small gas barbecue? We don't have loads of storage, not for large items, anyway, but would like to take one on our trip to France in May.

Seasoned MHers will know that standard barbecues are not welcome on many sites in France (and Spain I guess) but allow gas barbecues.

If we are to get one, we will need to get the MH in for some work to fit an exterior gas point.

Regards

Steve

2. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

Last edited: Mar 18, 2010
  3. johngee

johngee Read Only Funster

4. Jim

Jim Ringleader

Get one of these. They fold up and stow MUCH better than a Cadac. What you save over the cadac will keep you in BBQ meat for two years. They are surprisingly good for £20 we used one for years, no scrubbing afterwards. Cadacs, cook well, but they are not easy to erect when under the influence. And the cleaning!!!! I will only use the Cadac if the kids are there to clean it. . Loads of people will tell you how easy they are to clean, just a wipe with a damp cloth, don't believe them. I like a beer during and after a BBQ and having to spend ages cleaning it afterwards ruins the occasion for me. You just have to light this one, burn off the burger and fat from the last outing and your ready to go:BigGrin:

[​IMG]

5. imprint

imprint Read Only Funster

Sorry to cross swords with the Matser of the Universe, Jim Lad, but we think the Cadac is pretty well unbeatable as a general cooking tool.

That said, my cooking involves eating, Fairy liquid and tea-towels. I'm pretty well stuffed, and the Senior Partner, is, well, pretty. Everyone happy.

6. tommytli

tommytli Funster

i use cadac aswell packs away in to a bag nice and tidy and has lots of room to cook plenty on it:thumb:

7. steveclecy

steveclecy Read Only Funster

Ever one to save a few pounds (sterling, not Troy), this looks interesting. What is it called? Any idea where they can be found? (other than your MH!)

Steve

8. chatter

chatter Read Only Funster

http://www.outdoormegastore.co.uk/ac...ill_Pouch.html

The person that wrote this has a sense of humour, it looks a nifty bit of kit though

The one jim showed is a gas tabletop bbq (most camping/outdoor shops sell them) and they are good for bbqing i have one, i also have the compete cadac kit as this will cook everything from the bbq to a roast chicken and paella or a good english breakie

9. Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

Johns_Cross_Motorhomes Trader - Motorhome & Accessory Sales

10. Brisey

Brisey Funster Life Member

11. chatter

chatter Read Only Funster

A fun and practical alternative to a traditional stove or barbecue. This innovative multi-functional stove can do anything - from grilling to griddle cooking on a non-stick plate to flame cooking. (Ideal for drying seat of pants after stargazing in wet field whilst overtired and emotional).

Cleaning, storage and transport are all made easy as the Party Grill includes a fat collection tank, (high cholesterol dripping butties at a dunk) a detachable grid, lid-lock system and removable legs. (great for unblocking Portaloo).

Other features include, an Easy Clic canister connection, immediate heat control, piezo ignition. Boil time approx. 6 minutes for 1 litre. Operates off Campingaz CV270 and CV470 resealable cartridges. Weight: 2500g; Power 1350 watts (will double as Hubble telescope with requisite amount of Margarita imbibed).

as stated a good sense of humour

12. johngee

johngee Read Only Funster

Sorry! I've just deleted my post - me being thick:Blush:

13. bobandjanie

bobandjanie Funster Life Member

14. Wheelie

Wheelie Read Only Funster

Ive just bought an O grill and stand, not cooked on it yet but its looks the mutts nuts, i will update after easter weekend when were back from the new forest

[ame]http://www.amazon.co.uk/O-Grill-3000-Portable-Carry-O-Tool/dp/B001GGBFT2[/ame]
    :thumb::thumb::thumb:

15. robnchris

robnchris Funster

16. N&K

N&K

We bought a BILLYOH quite a few years ago, its excellent, ours looks like this, the side shelves slide in and legs collapse, piezo lighter button, its great:

[​IMG]

Heres one exactly the same on ebay, except ours cost £35:
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Portable-Gas-BBQ-Garden-Barbecue-Grill_W0QQitemZ300400845967QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Home_Garden_BBQ_s_Accessories_LE?hash=item45f149248f

I am not sure if its obsolete now, this is all I can find online at the moment , maybe an updated version except ours runs off normal gas bottles and has a non solid grill

http://www.flamingbarbecues.co.uk/Portable-Grills-And-Barbecues

:thumb:

17. WESTERNSTAR1

WESTERNSTAR1 Read Only Funster

THE CADAC SAFARI CHEF IS TRULY THE ROLLS ROYCE OF BARBEQUES.
    ITS SO ADAPTABLE WITH ALL ITS ACCESORIES.
    BOUGHT OURS NEARLY NEW OFF FLEABAY TWO YEARS AGO AND ITS FAB.
    WE EVEN USE IT AT HOME WHEN WE ARE NOT IN THE CAMPER!:BigGrin::BigGrin::BigGrin::BigGrin:

18. Neckender

Neckender Funster

We use the same one as Jim , we also buy large aluminium trays from lidl which fit purfect inside the BBQ about £1-99p for 10, catches all the grease then throw away.

John.

19. Minxy Girl

Minxy Girl Funster Life Member

The easiest way to get all the gunk off Cadac griddle plates is, once you've finished cooking, turn off the gas, poor on some water and it will bubble away (stand well back as it can spit!), it will loosen all the stuck on stuff, then a wipe over with kitchen roll and job's a good-un!:BigGrin:

20. dave jm

dave jm Read Only Funster

bbq

Found my barbi in the garden shed:Rofl1::Rofl1:

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1